79- Chew the Fat

Written: 8/12/21
Published: 8/15/21

(Hey guys.)

       Hanji, Jean, and Connie were putting the boxes away. They had placed Falco gently on the chairs as he recovered a bit. They had washed his head of the blood. He was still unconscious.

       "HANJI!" Onyankopon's voice cried.

      The scientist came into the room. "What is it?!"

      There were several soldiers in the room aiming their rifles at her and Onyankopon. Among them was Floch.

      "Floch?!" Hanji exclaimed.

        "Commander." The said male spoke. "You must where Zeke and Captain Y/n are. You're going to tell us where she is and take us to Zeke."

      "Listen, we're not trying to oppose you." Hanji informed. "Didn't you get the proposal from the corps?"

      "Yes. And we declined it. We don't negotiate with the corps." Floch stated. "Where is Captain Y/n?"

      Hanji made it an upmost important to not divulge Y/n's location. She may be killed should Floch discover she is currently in the building. "Why won't you cooperate with the corps?"

       "Eren's decision." Floch informed. "We're not making a bet like entrusting Commander Pyxis with the fate of this island. He's probably busy now trying to come up with a way to take the Founder from Eren as we make our way to Zeke."

       "You're being delusional." Hanji insulted. "Or... is that what your friends in the Garrison told you?" Trying to switch the subject would be a good strategy.

      Floch cocked his small gun by pulling the hammer back. "Do I look like one of your kind soldiers who's going to answer any question you ask me? Don't change the subject." Maybe not. "I'd like you to come with us before I have to prove I won't answer."

      "Greiz?!" Niccolo exclaimed. "Don't tell me you bought them here!"

       "Niccolo..." The male said. "You've gotten too close to the Eldians. I knew this day would come. I was right to not tell you how to contact them."

      "Did Yelena put you up to this?!"

      "Listen to me, Floch!" Hanji interluded. "This is no time for us to be fighting one another!! Wine contaminated with Zeke's spinal fluid has been served throughout the corps! Zeke has us dancing in the palm of his hand! Grior over there should have an idea what's going on here!"

      "If anything, Niccolo is the delusional one here." Greiz said. "He has no proof."

      "Finished?" Floch asked. "We'll be tying your hands. Will we need to fire before you listen?" He then pointed at the Braus family. "We can't let you go free, either. We'll be restraining you."

      "Floch! There is a serious possibility that this is all our enemies' plan!!" Jean said.

      "Even then, that just means those already idiotic MPs will look that much stupider, right?" Floch hinted.

      "We never told you the MP brigade drank the wine!" Hanji yelled. "Wait, did you know about the wine?!"

      Floch turned around with a menacing, threatening face. He had his index finger near his mouth as a mischievous smirk crept its way to his mouth. "Keep it down, please. This is a restaurant." He said while exiting. He made his way to the door his boss was in and knocked. "We're leaving. Is Captain Y/n in there? We still have no clue of her whereabouts."