49- The Two

Written: 1/16/21

Published: 2/17/21

Thank you soooooo much for the view, support, and comments!

      Eren eyed the two males closely. He then noticed something physical was missing. He was wrapped in his own scout cloak. He wiggled out free, steam blasting out from his arms. However, his arms were practically just stubs at the forearms. "Wh-What's going on!?" He yelled. "My arms..."

      "Eren." Ymir said. "Look, I'm in the same situation as you. Guess today is a rough one for both of us." She said as she held up her stubs of an arm and leg. "And Y/n over there is dozing away." She pointed to Y/n sleeping on Bertholdt.

      "Ymir..." Eren said. He was going to tell Ymir off for joking about Y/n. He shook it off. "Why don't I have arms..?"

     "Oh sorry." Reiner spoke. "I did that. I was in a hurry. I bit your neck while I was panicking... and I missed both your arms and legs in the process."

      "I see..." Eren said. "So I lost."

      A moment of silence passed. A stare down between the four went down. All of a sudden, Eren bites his arm. Bertholdt instinctively stood up. "Eren! Stop!" However, since he stood, Y/n slipped off and face planted onto the tree bark.

     "Ouch..." Y/n groaned as she woke up.

      "Ah...Sorry, Y/n." Bertholdt apologized. He then took the jacket he was wearing from the soldier he ate. He tied her arms to herself.

       Ymir took Eren's arm. "Wait, Eren. Take a good look around you. This is the titan forest inside Wall Maria. It's apparently pretty far from the wall. Naturally, it's a part of titan territory. Just look. I guess what you'd call those are abnormals... It might look like their relaxing, but they've got their eyes locked onto us. There's a lot of smaller ones and a big one over there. Not including them, there's those stingy jerks." Ymir said, referring to Bertholdt and Reiner. "They're the only ones wearing ODM gear. Reiner's wearing yours. Y/n has gear, but she wasn't awake 'till now so I don't l know... But I doubt she has the strength right now to use the gear. And it's not like Reiner and Bertholdt would hand it to us. Recklessly turning into a titan here doesn't seem like a good idea. Not only can they transform too, but they can also get back into the trees and watch us be surrounded. Even if we have the power of the titans, we don't have the luxury to just run around."

       "No." Reiner said. "Right now you two can't even transform. It's not quite as convenient as you think. Your strength is limited. At the moment, all you can do is repair your bodies."

     "And who would believe a word you say?" Eren asked.

      "Well," Ymir started, "I don't know much about the titan power either... Hey Reiner, you said you would talk once one of them woke up, right? Well, they're both up. What do you two plan on doing with us from here on?"

      "You're coming with us to our hometown." Reiner informed. "Don't give us any trouble...is what I'd like to say, but I know very well you won't listen. Still, like Ymir said, this place is a hive of titans. If we tried to kill each other here, we'd just be eaten by other titans once we grew weak. In other words, we have to stay here until night time, when the titans can't move. Whether you three manage to get away from us... Or we manage to carry you off... We wait until night."

      "Why did you come to this place instead of running back to this 'hometown' of yours as the armored titan? You get tired and decide to take a break?"

      "I'll leave that up to your imagination." Reiner replied.

     Y/n sat on the branch with her legs hanging down. Of course, she quickly concluded that the two will make their move while she's still tired and the others can't transform. They also can't just try and run on Eren. There really wasn't really anything they could do. She observed the terrain. It was pretty flat and ODM gear wouldn't really do much. However...she could still do it. She could be a distraction. It was her job as Humanity's strongest to protect Eren at all costs, after all.