70- How Much More?

Written: 6/20/21
Published: 6/22/21

(I apologize for lateness! I had a dance recital and stressful familial issues and I can't find interesting small plots for this time. Well, I'll stop devising more excuses. Sorry.)

In the sky, the blimp was perfect positioned over the enemy fort. Small figures could be visible descending in the air. Many human weapons falling more and more, their parachutes slowing the process. However, the parachutes could not save them from certain death. The soldiers stationed at the fort pointed curiously at the people. Whether they were aware of how horrid their deaths would be was uncertain.

"UUUOOOOHHHHHH!!!!" A faint voice shrieked.

Dozens of bright shone in the sky. The sources were so bright that it even illuminated those in the trench's faces. After a few seconds, enormous bodies emerged from the light. The newly emerged titans ranged in sizes as they continued their rapid fall to the fort. Screaming rang throughout the base. Numerous loud crashes echoed in the vicinity as the titans collapsed onto the bricks and ground. Although many of the titans did not arise, some stood and searched for their prey.

The combination of Eldians and Marleyeans watched as the ravenous beasts devoured the enemy ruthlessly. Steam arose from the scene, obscuring much of the action. Blood stained the ground all over.

"Devils... You deserve that name." A soldier murmured disgustedly. "Our Marleyean ancestors were also devoured, just like that... by you Eldians."

Y/n still stood tall. It was disturbing. Although she knew she herself could not transform, imaging it to be someone else gave her the chills. What would she do if those close to her transformed?

Reiner jumped out of the steel airship. These mass bombs were definitely not lacking power. But the altitude was too high so about 60% died form the impact of the fall. Many of the anti-titan cannons are probably still operative. 28... 29... I have an estimation of their location and numbers. But... Looks like it's another wall. An image of a few of his old 'friends' flashed through his brain. He raised his knife to his hand. I'm sick and tired of walls. He slashed his own palm, blood splashing on his face.

Another large boom and flash erupted. He collapsed onto the brim of a point in the barricade. (We gotta learn to get back, get back, but is it worth the price of our souls? [Barricade OST AOT S2]) The bricks collapsed upon the Armored Titan's immense strength and force.

"Reiner... Be careful..." Gabi whispered.

Falco and Y/n glanced at the female brunette before turning their attention back to the attack. Somewhat surprisingly, she seemed genuinely concerned for her older cousin. Shouting for murder of Reiner reached the other's ears. Gabi gasped as she took a step forward nervously.

Y/n squeezed Gabi's shoulder a bit. The girl looked up at her. The knowledgeable soldier, who had Levi for a brother, could sense the worry in her eyes easily. "You know Reiner is strong. He doesn't need your help." Although is sounded harsh, it was the truth. Gabi knew that. They all did. They just needed a reminder. The girl nodded in agreement.

They saw Galliard charge forward and over the wall. He crushed a cannon aimed at Reiner's face. Reiner took a scout tower and slammed it on a couple enemies. Y/n could see another figure dropping over Fort Slava. Another bright light shone.

Zeke is unleashing his power right now. This war will end soon. Then I can focus my attention on getting in contact with Levi and the others. Eren must have an idea. We need to find a way to finish the war that Marley started with us.