86- Construction

Written: 9/26/21

Published: 9/26/21

(Apologies for the late update! Had a lot on my plate this week.)

       (Anyway, how are you all today? Or yesterday. Or you know- whenever.)

       Y/n and Moblit grabbed Annie's arms, preventing her from moving on Hanji. The scientist informed the light blonde that Liberio was probably doomed already. Azumabito, Mikasa, and Hanji looked a little sympathetic.

      "The route to Ohida was decided by Magath and I." Hanji told. "There really isn't any other option. Saving Liberio just isn't possible..."

      The door to the room next to them was open, allowing Porco, Pieck, and Gabi to hear. Reiner was leaning against the doorframe. He looked at his cousin who had seemed to lost a substantial amount of hope.

       Annie fell to her knees. Negative energy was practically radiating off of her. Who would not feel that way? Against all odds, they were seemingly chasing an unachievable future. Doing so could even be their death. "Then... Now, there's no point in me staying here... I'm leaving."

       "Annie..."

       "Even if I stop and stand my ground... Marley and Eldia's destruction is inevitable."

       "Magath knew about this." Y/n commented. "But he risked his life to save you. This isn't about Liberio or Marley anymore. It's about saving the lives of the people you don't even know the faces or names of. He entrusted all of us with this, including you, Annie."

       Annie glared at her. Looking at Y/n and Mikasa, "Going back to my first question... Can you kill Eren?" Mikasa's eyes drooped. "If I try to kill Eren... Will you guys stand in my way?" A moment of silence passed. Annie turned her head to look up at Mikasa. "I'm done... with fighting. You and I. Even you guys don't want to kill Eren."

      "That's right..." Y/n replied. "But if we are left with no other option..." She took a deep breath. Memories of her, Eren, and the others flashed through her brain. To think we would be here. What happened, Mom? Where did we go wrong? Or is it the world that is wrong? I don't want to kill Eren. Even if we manage to save him, all remaining nations will be wanting to rip him to pieces. Even if we manage to postpone or eliminate that... He'll die in a cell for sure. Sigh. I really just want to rest.

       "Do you have a suggestion?" Annie asked. "You said... If we have no other option..."

      "Yes." Y/n answered. The others gaped in disbelief. They wanted her to let it out. "It is an enormous gamble. But... If you can get me close to Eren..."

~~~~~

       Y/n was walking through a hallway on the ship. The whirring and uneasy movement of the ship made Y/n feel uncomfortable. She needed to take a walk around. No one accompanied her. Y/n stopped. She touched her face and felt the stitches in her face. None of them have come undone... She realized. But is it unsightly I wonder. I had seen for myself I don't look too different. But... Sigh. It does not change the fact that it may be ugly.

        "Ah, Y/n..." Porco's voice expressed. Three pairs of footsteps were heard walking towards her. It was Gabi, Pieck, and Porco. They realized Y/n's fingers were lightly touching her lips and cheeks, feeling around. She looked a little troubled. "Is something wrong?" Porco asked.

       "Galliard-san are you stupid?" Gabi asked. Porco whipped his head at her confusedly. "Guess so." He's always been stupid about these things. Falco and I need to educate him a bit!