Bertholdt Ending!

Written: Dec 20, 2022-Jan 1, 2023 (that's only 12 days, not an entire year)

Published: Jan 1 2023

(As I promised, guys! Bert is here and alive!)

(Oh yeah, happy New Years, too haha)

        "Ah, Mrs. Hoover, could I be blessed with some of your assistance over here?"

      "Yes, of course!" The woman responded dutifully. She gave a quick glance over at her husband. "Should I leave that other patron to you, Bert?"

      The ravenette nodded with a kind smile. "Yeah, I got this." He watched as Y/n went over to assist the woman, curiously listening to their conversation whilst helping his own customer.

      Y/n hurried over to where the lovely customer was awaiting her expertise. "My, you two are quite the power couple. Say, is your maiden name Hoover?"

      Y/n shook her head. "No, you must be asking since I don't have a ring, right?" The woman nodded curiously. Y/n shrugged with a smile. "We wanted to get our lives on a track before purchasing a ring, you know?"

       "I see! How lovely!" The wkman beamed at her. She then looked both ways before leaning in to sneakily whisper. "I say, how ever did you two meet? I've been on the lookout for a man of my own, hehe."

      Y/n looked back at her handsome, adorable husband, Bertholdt Hoover. She then turned back to the woman. With a smirk and a chuckle, "It's a long story."

~~Flashback~~

       "What?" Eren murmured. Y/n's lips shook as she brought the titan case closer to her chest. Hesitation for all three soldiers' lives flooded her. Eren's hand was still outstretched as he looked at her in shock, confusion, and desperation. "Captain?" He asked. Y/n glanced into the brunette's teal eyes. Her brows were lowered and mouth slightly agape. Eren could see her hesitance. Y/n retracted the case to herself.

      Erwin's here... He seems to be alive... Wait, could I heal him with the power I have on my own? Armin... She looked back at his near corpse. There's no amount of medicine that could help him. Erwin's internal organs must be extremely ruptured and destroyed. It would practically be a mercy to put him to his final rest, wouldn't it? But let's think about this... We have no idea when whoever sent that monkey, Bertholdt, Annie, and Reiner will strike again. Do we have time to train Armin to use the Colossal Titan power? He's such a kind boy. I don't want to burden him to use that extreme of an explosive power. He was prepared to die, too. Would it be possible to convince Bertholdt to fight for us? Surely, we could have a large chance of gaining our freedom if we only had Bertholdt. Then, even Annie and Reiner could join. Am I being too naive again? She looked down at Erwin. I need you. We need your skills for the best compromise.

      Y/n stood up. "All of you lot, get out of here or I won't be giving this serum to anyone." Everyone muttered in confusion. "Go look for survivors. If I see you get within forty meters (about 131 feet), I will personally make sure you don't get back within the walls."

       The look on the captain's face was one that not one decided to trifle with. That is, any normal person. Eren began to walk towards her. Before he could do anything though, Floch grabbed him and used the ODM gear to take them both away from the scene.

      With just the two of them left, Levi turned to his sister. "What do you plan on doing? Or should I ask what you're planning to risk?"

     "I will heal Erwin myself with the medicine we have. Eventually, we'll find something we can do for him. I will turn Armin into a titan. However, he will not be eating Bertholdt. I will use one of Hanji's contraptions to keep him under watch. We will convince Bertholdt to join our side of his own volition."