68- Front Lines

Written: 6/10/21
Published: 6/10/21

(2 MINUTES FROM MIDNIGHT. I TECHNICALLY MADE IT. I sincerely apologize. I thought update was tomorrow. Anyway enjoy the chapter! It was very rushed.)

      (Just a quick question about the ending of aot... Why is everyone calling it trash? Personally, I thought it was fine. Lots of people completely rip on Isayama about "It's a love story and he just slaughtered... [You know who]." But isn't that just Isayama's style? I don't mean any hate or attack, but explain?)

Rumble rumble rumble. It's dark... I think I'm asleep? Ah. This is a rare thing. I'll just stay like this for awhile... Unbothered by anyone, not needed by anyone for the moment. It's nice. I probably need some down time.

"Y/n..." An unfamiliar voice called.

Who was that? I've never heard that voice before. Ever. Rumble rumble rumble. I wonder what the rumbling noise is, though. I don't recall... What did I do last night? This is kind of stupid. My own memories don't really work while I slumber but I see other people's memories?

Suddenly, Y/n jolted movement. Looking around, she was in a dark, barren, sandy area. Her shadow was long and in front of her, meaning a large light source was behind her. Whipping her body around, she gasped. There was an immensely huge pillar of glowing light. As it progressed further into the sky, it branched off into hundreds, perhaps thousands of other paths. It felt mythical. It was ethereal. Exotic. Outstanding. Where am I? She wondered. Standing quite a few yards away was a figure. Her hair was a light color. She had straight cut bangs that arched her shoulder blades. Her clothes were tattered with a cloth headband, sash belt, and leather sandals laced above her ankles.

"Captain Y/n Ackermann." The same voice said. Y/n assumed it was the girl, but her mouth had not moved. "War is worthless. You are the only one who can change everyone's destinies."

"Wait, what..?" Y/n stammered. I don't know who this is, but I feel it's futile asking those kind of silly questions. If she wants peace, I'm probably the best option, too. "What should I do?" However, the world quickly began to dissipate into nothingness. "Wait!"

"Y/N!!"

Jolting awake, Y/n slightly hyperventilated, eyes quickly scanning her surroundings. She was in a dimly lit room. A constant rumbling and shaking slightly irritated her. She was on a train. Above her was Reiner, Porco, Colt, and Falco. All four of them were looking worriedly at her. Y/n sat up and stood up. Prior, she was on a slim bed supposedly dozing off. There were seven other beds in the train car.

"Wait... Where am I..." Y/n whispered to herself confusedly.

"Were you that tired?" Porco asked faintly. "Um... We're on the train to the battlefield at Fort Slava. We'll be there in about eight or nine hours."

"We're in the barracks car. The rest of the barracks car is that way." Colt said, pointing backwards.

Y/n peeked out the window. It was dark outside. She guessed it was around 9 PM. If we're not going to be there soon, then why was I awoken?

"Um... Kuchel-san?" Falco coughed. "You were breathing heavily in your sleep. Your brows were furrowed and you were muttering gibberish. We thought you were having a nightmare."

"We also kind of forgot it's not good to forcefully wake someone from a nightmare." Colt added with an embarrassed hand on his neck. "Sorry."

"Also, your hand went to your pocket an awful lot." Falco added.