73- Jamboree!

Written: 7/6-9 /21

Published: 7/10/21

(Heyoooooo how are you guys doing today?)

       Y/n and the four warrior candidates stood in an orderly line. They all shared the same uniform. White somewhat loose button up shirts under black vests. The vests matched the black pants, as well. What differed Y/n from the others was that the candidates still wore their straw yellow armband. The room smelled of fancy new carpet and of wine. The lights suspended from the ceiling provided an elegant and wealthy feeling to it. The windows showed nothing but darkness and ones own reflection. The Marleyeans conversing with each other wore sumptuous clothing.

        "Amazing..." Udo muttered fascinatingly.

       "I saw some of these people in the newspaper." Falco added.

      "No chit-chat, Falco." Gabi whispered.

       "We'll be waiting on tables just like you practiced." Y/n instructed.

       "Y/n-san, what about you?" Udo asked. "Do you have experience with this sort of stuff? You weren't training with us when we were learning."

      "I do have experience." Y/n informed. "Now look." She pointed to a nearby table. Several drinks and plates were on the table. "Over there. An empty glass."

       "Let's go." Gabi said. She disappeared behind the double doors that led to the kitchen. Zofia had a large bottle of wine and began refilling visitors' glasses. Falco took their dirty plates and hauled them elsewhere.

       Y/n mostly supervised the candidates work. On occasion, she would oblige to the requests of the wealthy people. It still bugged her how they were pigging out without a care in their fancy clothes. Y/n was a little anxious upon seeing Hizuru. Interestingly enough, the woman did not seem to notice her quite yet.

      "Hey, pretty lady. Come join us!" A man called. He stood with his group of friends.

      "I"m sorry, but I'm working." Y/n argued.

       "Take a break! If you get in trouble, we'll even cover!"

        No way around it now. Y/n finally strolled over with a fake smile. "I'm sorry, but I'm really Eldian." She half lied half told. This will get them to stay away.

       "Oh, we got a funny one!"

       "Yeah, but still. It's dangerous took about even that."

       Y/n internally rolled her eyes. "Ah... I'm sorry. I'll be more serious now." If I insult them, I could be in trouble. Unfortunately, beating them up is not an option, either. If I try and go back to work, they'll probably take me back and talk more.

       "What the?" Someone spoke. "Is that dirty rat carrying around dinner plates?" Someone asked while glancing at Udo. Y/n could feel the annoyance rising up in her.

        "Yeah... The food will surely reek now." Another agreed.

      Udo turned around swiftly, perhaps to open his mouth. However, the pressure inflicted against the glass he held sent the fluid inside up and out. It landed on the beautiful kimono of none other than Hizuru. The glasses boy gasped in horror.

        "MY-MY APOLOGIES!" He shakily bursted. Wh-What's g-going to happen to m-me? I'll be killed..!

      The woman placed a hand on his shoulder while shushing him with her other finger. "Shh. Don't make a fuss now." She quietly warned.