23- A New Sound Wave and Downpour

Published 11/20/20

      That morning, most of the scouts and former thugs woke up and were very hungry. Isabel especially. Flagon, of course, had called another squad meeting.

(Y/N) yawned. "It's probably to go over the formation AGAIN..." She predicted with an annoyed huff.

Isabel whined and complained. "Flagon... I'm too hungry for that..."

     Of course, (Y/N) had to be correct. Flagon had his diagram of the formation stabbed onto the wall. "Now. As you can see, this formation is filled with flaws here and there as well. Okay? Let's go over it one more time."

(You can read this paragraph if you want)

      "As I'm sure you know, we'll be in big trouble if we ever find ourselves in a situation where we can't use the flare guns, such as in bad weather. That said, we expect it to be clear today so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. However, we can never be too careful when it comes to the titans, so we should always keep in mind..."

     I'm gonna kill this guy along with Erwin! (Y/N) thought. Her stomach rumbled. She looked to the side to see how the others were fairing. Farlan was tired with clear bags under his eyes. He yawned. Even Sairam was tired. It was clear Sairam wasn't and couldn't listen to much of what Flagon was saying. Levi... Well, he never really slept that much ever anyway so he looked fine. But Isabel... Oh crap. She has that I'm-so-hungry-I-could-eat-a-horse face. This is bad. (Y/N) looked to see if Farlan and Levi had realized it too. They nervously nodded. Their nightmares were about to come true when they saw Isabel's lips slightly part. NO, ISABEL! PLEASE DON'T. (Y/N) inwardly begged the universe. The universe did not hear (Y/N), Farlan, and Levi's plead when Isabel started "Singing".

     "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!" She sang. Y/n had learned from Levi and Farlan that Isabel was actually not good at singing. The scouts that were not yet awake were definitely awake now. Who doesn't love waking up to a banshee cry? A stone nearby cracked from the pitch.

     This is a new kind of sound wave! (Y/N) realized in awe. Levi, Farlan, (Y/N), Sairam, and Flagon covered their ears.

      "What the- just what do you think you're trying to-" Flagon was interrupted when Isabel sang louder.

Sairam's attempts to do as much as muffle the sound was futile. "Nghhh!!!" He cried in agony.

      (Y/N) hurried over to Flagon while Isabel seemingly targeted Sairam and was in his face. "Hey!" (Y/N) screamed over the noise to get to Flagon. "Don't just stand there, hurry up and get her something to eat!" Flagon looked at her as if she just grew another arm. "Whenever she gets like this, she won't shut up until she's fed! Don't bother asking why, it's just what she was 'trained' to do!"

     Flagon did not want to give her food since it wasn't the time yet. But, this awful singing caused him to pull a string. Isabel was given an apple. She cheered as she took bites into it. (Y/N) couldn't deny she was pretty hungry too. Hey, why not? It always seems to work pretty quickly for me. Maybe they'll enjoy it, too. She thought. And with that, her lips parted, preparing. Farlan, Levi, Flagon, and Sairam had noticed it too.

Crap! Her too? These guys think they can just get extra food like this? Flagon thought.

     Huh? I wonder if she's good at singing. Sairam thought.

     Yes! I get to hear her singing voice again...Farlan thought.

     If it works, keep doing it... Levi thought.