Moblit Ending!

Written: June-Nov 7

Published: 11/7/23

(This ending has two things that are symbolic because I had to fudge something for Moblit. Notes are at the bottom.)

"Heh? Y/n, you still haven't found anyone that catches your eye?" A certain enthusiastic scientist uttered, surprised at the information she was hearing. "I can help if you'd like! We all have to help each other find others! The world has practically ended and the fish in the sea are now limited, no offense to those lost in the Rumbling..."

The longtime friend duo was sitting in the Tea of Dreams. Y/n was cleaning while Hanji would lend a hand every ten minutes or so. Y/n was rearranging chairs and tables to enable customers have the maximum comfort they can have during their time. Ultimately, Hanji came in unannounced before hours.

Y/n ran her hand through her hair with a sigh. "Hanji... It's just been a lot, you know? I have my hands full with the tea shop. I think it would be nice to get off onto a good start before I try and start looking for some guy that might not even exist." The captain responded taking another sip of her drink as she walked past the counter. "I was sort of looking even before all this Rumbling idea even came into reality. There were a several options, but nothing turned out from them as of recently."

Hanji sighed and shook her head. "You never know, Y/n. One day, that man of your life is going to burst through those doors. He's gonna be like, 'Y/n! I need your help! I can't live without you!' Or something like that." Hanji had a dramatic hand to her forehead and was leaning against the counter.

"You're such a drama queen sometimes, Hanji." Y/n chortled as she polished a tea cup. To her interest, she sensed a presence at the door. Moments later, the door opened seemingly frantically.

Moblit stepped in the shop, expression desperate. "Y/n! I need your help! I can't do a task without you!"

Y/n set down the glass, ignoring Hanji's maniacal giggling next to her. "Yes, what's wrong, Moblit?"

Moblit cleared his throat uncertainly. "Well, um... I have this responsibility to locate a certain rock... But I need more hands to help me identify it. Experienced hands, of course." Y/n raised her brow. That explanation stunk of suspicious activity to high Heaven. Y/n nodded. She'd play along.

"Ahh, yes of course." Y/n nodded. "Hanji can I entrust..." She shook her head and turned to the staircase behind the counter. "I'll go get Levi to cover for me."

"Whoa whoa whoa, were you about to entrust the shop to me, Y/n!?" Hanji asked desperately as Y/n walked away. "I promise you I can do it-- And she's gone."

Moblit chuckled at their exchange. "Only the Ackermanns do that, eh? No matter how much you may confront them or something, they'll always do what they do best, haha." Hanji shrugged hopelessly and leaned her back and elbows on the counter. She noticed how Moblit talked about the Ackermann siblings in such a jocular way. She smiled proudly.

Hanji eyed her male friend who was standing patiently. Moblit, we've been friends for quite some time. Your admiration and respect for Y/n is something that I find quite heartwarming. I think you're quite well-matched for her. Yes... I can see it now! I would love to see my two best friends get married and then I can be their children's godmother and-- Ah, yes, stay in the present, Hanji.

"Hey, Moblit." Hanji beckoned. He walked over, curious as to what she had to say. "What are you planning, hmm??? I know that you know that Y/n wouldn't leave her work unless it was for a friend. So, what are you going to do that's so cool that's more important than what Y/n calls her beloved work?" Hanji smirked mischievously at her ex-assistant.