19-Convince!

Published 11/20/20

The next night, the four were in a supply room, discussing their mission.

"So, we've concluded, this is the best time to do it." Farlan said.

     (Y/N) nodded. "Yeah. I'm not sure if this could be helpful, but if we ever find Erwin alone, we could do it and blame it on titans maybe. If we're lucky enough for that to happen." She explained.

     Isabel nodded and Levi, who had been quiet the whole time, finally acknowledged something that was said. He looked up to face all of them at once. "Alright. But I'm going alone with (Y/N)." Everyone slightly gasped at his sudden comment. Levi seemed as if he wouldn't change his mind about it, no matter what would be said. "You two just find some excuse to stay behind."

Isabel couldn't take it. "What!?!? What's up? This isn't like you at all, Big Bro..." She pleaded.

     Levi tched towards her. "It'll be our first expedition, beyond the walls at that. It may take everything we've got just to make it back alive..." He said.

     Farlan held a hand up to prevent Isabel from blurting out again. This was no time to ask what was going on, he needed to know something else. "So basically, you're saying we can't handle it, right?"

     (Y/N) desperately waited for Levi's answer. Please Levi. Don't say what I think you will... She inwardly pleaded.

     (Y/N) saw the smallest bit of hesitation in her brother. "Yeah. That's right. At least that's my opinion." He replied.

     Isabel tried to reason with him again. "Come on! Please tell us what's going on! We definitely won't stay behind!" Her hands now clenched into fists at her side.

     Levi tched again. "If you won't stay behind, we're done talking!"He started to walk away. "We'll wait for another chance."

(Y/N) and Farlan let him leave. They did not know what to do.

Isabel still tried, yelling "Big Bro, wait!"

     It was no use as Levi disappeared around a corner. Farlan covered half of his face and rubbed it a bit. He sighed. Isabel pouted as she leaned over from where she was sitting. (Y/N) looked at their faces and her heart broke to see sad faces. She tched loudly. She stormed off towards the direction Levi had gone. Farlan took the sleeve of her shirt.

"(Y/N), I don't think he'll change his mind." He said.

      "I'm his sister. I'll change his mind. We said we would go outside together, right? The first time outside would be all four of us." She replied. With that, she hurried to follow Levi.

     (Y/N) had followed Levi outside. The stars were being covered by clouds passing by. Levi sat on a ledge looking up even if he couldn't see the stars. One leg dangling, the other brought to his chest, the same side arm rested on the knee. He heard his sister coming. She sat down next to him.

"I'm not changing my mind" He said.

     "Levi. You said the first time we would go outside the walls would be all four of us. Have you forgotten? Was that a lie? Did you decide to go back on of your promise? I know you want them to be safe, but you know... you and I could protect them!" She smiled broadly.

     "That's not it!" Levi yelled. This startled (Y/N). "I can't keep an eye on all three of you at the same time... If it was just us like I said, I could." Levi put his forehead to his hand that was rested on his knee. "I know you saw what happened when the three of us got caught. Isabel and Farlan got caught and to be honest, I don't think it was very hard for the scouts to do so. Isabel and Farlan lost to the scouts. The scouts lose to the titans. What are those two going to do about that? And Isabel coming back, beaten up, hair cut? Titans are no doubt, ten times worse than those low small fry in the Underground." Levi explained. He was huffing from all he had just shared. He meant no offense, but he meant what he said.