30- Meeting Some Brats

Published: 12/6/20

In honor of the first AOT/SNK final season episode release, I present to you, a chapter. Enjoy!

(Y/N) was riding in a carriage alone on her way to the training grounds. The place where she would observe little brats who she thought would be good candidates for both her squad and regiment. Levi told her to watch out for creepy little brats. It made her laugh out loud on accident remembering the memory. Today, she wore the normal military uniform with a white button up shirt underneath. She also wore her hair in a ponytail using one of Isabel's hair ties. Another way to remember fallen comrades according to her and Levi. A few scratches and cuts remained on her face from the fight at Shiganshina. She also wore a sling for her still broken arm. She had her ODM gear on just in case the place was farther than she anticipated. It would be awhile until she arrived so she closed her eyes to think about things.

    It's been a few weeks since I first met the Jaegers. Let's see. Eren should be older now. I wonder if he's made any friends. A letter had been given to (Y/N) and it was from the Jaegers before the wall fell. It told her Eren was a bit of a difficult child now. Always getting into fights usually protecting Armin I wonder if he'll ever get a female friend other than Mikasa. Or maybe even a girlfriend!? That would be so exciting...

The carriage suddenly came to a halt and the door opened. The carriage person told her she was here. She exited the small carriage and took in her surroundings. She then heard the carriage take off. It had been awhile since she had been here. The last time was when she was training with Sairam, Flagon, Farlan, and Isabel. Oh, how she missed those days.

However, this was a different training ground than when she was new to the military. This training area was much more rocky and bare. There were very few patches of grass in sight as well as people. Behind her was a barbed wire fence that surrounded the training grounds. She took a stroll around. She wasn't quite sure where to go. It should be the first day the kids who applied for the military should be here, so where was everyone? She then saw an extremely large area in the ground that was gone. It stretched for maybe a mile long and wide. There were buildings down there and the people she was looking for. The new cadets.

Observing the new recruits, only four of them had already made an interest in them spark inside (Y/N). She couldn't see outstanding facial features since she was at a distance. One was a girl and the other three were boys. The girl was pretty short and had short brownish hair. One of the males looked much older than he actually was. But (Y/N) had a feeling he just had one of those older looking faces. He had slightly curling grayish hair styled into an undercut. Another male had long blond hair and had a middle parting and a bun folded at the back. A small beard was forming also. And finally, the last one. He had a slightly darker skin tone and a short crop of brown hair was kept to a point on the back of his head. His hair kind of reminded (Y/N) of a turnip. She looked to see who the instructor was of this section of trainees. And it was-

"Shadis?!?!?!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "You shaved your head too!" She forgot Shadis was giving the rookies the rite of passage part. Shadis looked up to see what kind of idiot dared to interrupt him. The cadets also looked up to see who they were. Shadis looked a bit surprised but quickly figured out the situation. (Y/N) was now a squad leader and she needed squad members. Shadis took a sharp inhale of breath. (Y/N) prepared herself. Some of the cadets were unlucky and flinched at his loud voice. When they thought his voice couldn't be any more ear shattering.

"Ackermann! Get your a** down here!" Shadis yelled. (Y/N) sighed. She stood up from where she was crouching. She shot her wires into a few buildings and swooped in and landed accurately and perfectly beside Shadis. She felt all eyes on her. Several whispers arose from the cadets. "Shut up little maggots!" Shadis yelled. The cadets shut up instantly. He then turned to her.