Simula

#TPTGSIMULA

Greatness

the quality that radiates from the inside out. It is who you are when you are honoring your values and living a life of purpose. In other words, when you are stepping  into your true Self. The goal is to inspire students to achieve greatness by taking risks, working hard, and pushing their limits.

***

After delivering my speech, the people  gave me their warm applause. Some even rose from their seats. Their loud claps echoed inside my ears. My heart is beating wildly inside my chest. Isa-isa ko silang pinagmasdan. 

If someone else would be in my position right now, that person must be overwhelmed, happy, and proud.

I thought I would feel the same like I did back then. I thought I would feel the excitement, the adrenaline, and pride filling in my body everytime people praise me. Kumbaga ang taas ng tingin ko sa sarili ko noon. I've always felt empowered.

But for me, I felt as if I already have done this a thousand times already eventhough it's been a while since I last stood in front of many people. I was pressured giving the speech. I couldn't even remember half of what I said.

I just want this day to end even if I have nothing to look forward to the next day.

"Alright! Thank you for that wonderful speech Miss Guevarra!"

A woman in her 30's approached me. Hindi maalis ang ngiti sa labi niya na para bang manghang mangha siya sa sinabi ko. Lumayo ako sa poolpit nang tuluyan siyang makalapit.

"Once again. Thank you for coming here today and for being our guest speaker. I know you're busy and-"

"Thank you for inviting me," I said and gave her a small smile

Sinuklian niya ako ng matamis na ngiti bago binalik ang tingin sa audience. I turned around and returned to my seat.

"As we proceed to the program..." I heard her say on the mic

When I sat down, I fixed my coat on my shoulders and held my purse.

"Your speech was beautiful."

Napatingin ako bigla sa katabi ko. It was a woman in her 40's. I believe she's the principal of the school.

"Well as expected from you Miss Guevarra. Nothing really has changed. You're still well-spoken, eloquent, elegant, sophisticated, and," she paused and scanned my outfit. "Mas gumanda ka lalo."

I'm used to receiving compliments. I even got tired of it because I keep hearing the same thing over and over again. It don't affect me that much unlike before.

I didn't smile. Nanatiling blanko ang mukha ko.

"Thank you," I simply said before turning to face the audience.

"By the way, sorry to ask pero san ka nga pala ulit nagtatrabaho? What law firm are you in?"

Napatingin ako sa relo ko. I didn't understand what the lady just said. It's not that I purposely ignored her but because my mind was somewhere else. I was spacing out.

"Uh Miss-"

Agad akong tumingin sa kanya. "Sorry. What was that again?"

She was about to speak but my phone suddenly rang. I quickly opened my purse and took my phone out. Sinagot ko ang tawag.

"Yes Vince. I'm done with my speech. Susunduin niyo na ba ko?"

"Uh yes Ma'am Fey. Papasok na po kami diyan sa loob," sagot niya sa kabilang linya