K.A.S (FINALE)

#TPTG_KEITH

"In the light of new pieces of evidence, after careful analysis and consideration, the Office of the Prosecution hereby recommends the dismissal of homicide against Ms. Maria Cecilia Cervantez," the judge announced

Trisha and I were both looking at Fey from our table. Beside her is her mother and Atty. De Guzman. She looked at the judge then back to us, her lips slightly parted in shock. The two people behind were relieved and they celebrated in silence upon hearing the final verdict but Fey seems oblivious. She must still in the state of shock.

You did well, Fey.

You have my respect.

From the start, I knew you'd win.

You will always be the greatest.

I looked at Trisha beside me, with a faint smile on my lips. Her eyes glistened in tears. She clenched her jaw. I secretly put my hand on her back and caressed it a little, to comfort her. She must have felt bad and angry at the same time. I couldn't exactly read her expression. She wouldn't spare a glance at me. Her eyes were fixed in front. I can feel her holding back her emotions.

As soon as the court session ended, some lawyers flocked over Felicity for winning the case. I, on the other hand, left the court with my head held high.

"Keith!"

I stopped when I heard Trisha behind me. I turned around around and faced her. She walked towards me.

"Ano? Gano'n nalang ba yun Keith?" she asked with a hint of sadness and irritation in her voice

I smiled weakly. "It's over Trisha. From the start, Atty. Cervantez deserve to win the case. You know I only did this for you and Kate."

She looked ayaw, feeling guilty. It's like she's trying her best to hide her emotions from me but I can see it in her eyes that she was hurting again because of me.

"You should have stayed at home Tris. Your wound hasn't healed yet. Sabi ko naman sa'yo, ako nang bahala. Why do you have to be so stubborn?" I teased to lighten up the mood

"I told you. I want to be with you in this fight until the end even if I knew, we're going to lose," her voice began to shake

"That's just what it is. I may have lost but I'm so relieved that I didn't lose you. That's what matters to me. Don't feel bad Tris. I'm still here with you. Okay lang ako. Hmm?" I said softly as I search for her eyes

She sighed and met my eyes. "Can we just go home now?"

I smiled. "You go first. I still need to visit someone."

Her lips parted then she gave me a nod. "Okay but uhm, pwede kitang samahan."

I brought my hand on her cheek and caressed it. "No need. I'll be quick. Let's meet at home, okay?"

She gave me a small smile but sadness was still evident in her eyes. "Okay. KIta nalang tayo sa bahay. Ingat Kai."

I nodded. "Of course. I'll get going then." Lumayo na ako sa kanya at tuluyang lumabas ng court.

I turned left and began to walk but then I stopped when I saw Fey just a few feet away from where I'm standing. She was talking to a police officer. Our eyes suddenly met. My brows furrowed while looking at her from afar. I felt even more guilty so I was the first one to look away and continued to walk to my car, wishing that I didn't see her.

But for some reason, I was surprised when I found myself talking to her after the trial in an empty coffee shop nearby.

"Congrats Fey. You've finally built a name for yourself. And I guess this is also where our rivalry finally ends," I said and gave her a small smile.