20

#TPTG20

"Guevarra," ulit nito

I snapped back to reality when I heard my prof called me...for the second time.

"Yes ma'am?"

"You're not paying attention," she said coldly fixed her glasses

"Sorry, ma'am. Can you repeat the question?" I gulped

She clicked her tongue. "Under the 1987 Constitution, to whome does each duty, power, privilege, prohibition, disqualification apply? The sole power to declare the existence of a state of war."

I stand firm on the ground. I took a deep breathe before answering.

"According to Article VI, Section 23 of the Constitution. The Congress, by a vote of two thirds of both Houses in joint session assembled, voting separately, shall have the sole power to declare the existence of a state of war."

Binalot kami ng katahimikan.

"That will do," she said and wrote something on my index card

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag at muling umupo sa upuan ko.

"Mr. Enriquez."

Muli siyang nagtawag ng mga estudyante. Pinanood ko si Yuan habang nagrerecite. I smiled when our eyes met.

"Nakaraos din," sabi niya sa'kin pagkatpos ng recit namin. Papunta kaming library ngayon para mag-aral

"You did well," I said

"Ikaw din," he replied and patted my back

Well, it's just another typical day at law school. Lagi naming pinagdadasal na sana makasagot kami sa bawat recitation. It's much harder than I thought.

"Hey, Fey. You alright? You're spacing out." si Julia

They were busy talking about our next subjects and I was quiet throughout the whole time and it's all because of my family problems.

Tumingin ako sa kanya. "Medyo stress lang."

She gave me a small smile. "Andito lang kami ah. We're all in this together. Konting tiis nalang."

"Thank you."

I looked at my friends who's busy memorizing and digesting their cases. They look tired and stress too. Mukhang wala pa silang tulog. My gaze lowered down on the book I was rreading.

Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin maalis sa isip ko ang nakita ko kagabi. Hindi ko matanggap. It was bothering me the whole day. I can't even understand what I'm reading right now. I consider myself lucky that I was able to answer our recit. It's indeed a matter of luck.

Nang mag-uwian ay kasalukuyan akong naghihintay sa sundo ko. I glanced at my watch and back on the road. I was surprised when I saw a familiar woman standing on the other side of the road. She was looking at me too. May dumaan na ilang mga kotse sa harapan namin. Noong nag-red light ay tumingin muna siya sa kaliwa't kanan bago tumawid hanggang sa makalapit sa'kin.

I blinked twice while looking at her in front of me. I can't believe I'd see her here.

"Fey," she said softly

"Jac," I muttered. "What...what are you doing here?"

She smiled weakly. "Can we talk?"

My lips parted. At first, I didn't know what to say but then I agreed. "Sure."

Dumiretso kami sa cafe na malapit sa school. I texted my driver not to pick me up 'cause I decided to hail a taxi instead on the way home.

Pagkarating sa cafe ay nag-order kami. We had our drinks served right in front of us. Pinagmasdan ko lang si Jac sa harapan ko.