37

#TPTG37

"Meeting adjourned."

I got back to my senses when I heard the judge pounded his gavel. Tumayo ako at agad na nilapitan si mama.

"Mom, let's go," I said and held her arm. Tulala padin siya hanggang ngayon. I pulled her away from the chair.

"Walang hiya ka Cecelia! You murderer! How dare you kill my son?!" someone from the audience approached mom and pulled her hair

My jaw dropped. I immediately removed her hand from my mother. "Ma'am, that's enough!"

Hindi niya inalis ang paningin kay mama. She was glaring at her while gritting her teeth in anger. I only realized now that the woman in front of me is Archie's mother, and behind her are his other relatives.

"I'll make sure you'll rot in hell bitch! Hindi ko papalagpasin ang ginawa mo sa anak ko!" she barked. Hinila naman siya palayo ng asawa niya

I held my mother's arm and put her behind me. I took a step forward and faced the woman. "If you lay another finger on my mother, I swear to God, hindi mo magugustuhan ang gagawin ko," kalmado pero mariin kong sabi

She glared at me. Her eyes were wide open and intense, sharp as a knife. Her lips were quivering in anger. "Like mother like daughter I see. Magsama kayong mag-ina! You both didn't deserve to be part of the family! Ang dami naming naitulong sa inyo pero eto ang binalik niyo sa'min?! Wala kayong utang na loob!"

I didn't remove my eyes on her. My feet remained firm on the ground. I wanted to slap her in the face for hurting my mother but I don't want to cause a scene. Nangangati na ang mga daliri ko pero unti-unti ko nalang iyong kinuyom.

"Mark my words Cecelia, I will never ever forgive you for what you did to my son. Murderers like you don't deserve to live," she warned in a low voice while looking at the woman behind me

Nagpumiglas siya sa mga may hawak sa kanya at mabilis na lumabas ng korte. The other relatives followed, tinignan din nila kami ng masama. Lastly, the governor stared at me with both disappointment and hostility. He walked passed me and followed the rest.

I swallowed hard and remained unfazed. The people who I once called my family are now strangers to me...wala akong nakita sa mata nila kundi galit at paghihiganti. They treated us like we are their worst enemy! 

"Felicity!"

Napalingon ako sa tumawag sa'kin na si Christian. My eyes widened when I saw mom unconscious on his arms.

"Your mother. She fainted," alerto niyang sabi

Panandaliang tumigil ang puso ko. Agad ko silang dinaluhan.

"Mom!" I called and tried to wake her up

Thank goodness, Christian was there to support her.

I held her cheek and squeezed her hand. "Mom, it's me. Wake up! Please," I panicked. "Call the ambulance Christian!"

He quickly took his phone out of his pocket and dialed the number of the ambulance. He kept on glancing at us with a worried expression.

Hindi ko inalis ang paningin kay mama. I kept on calling her name but she wouldn't wake up. Nanlamig ang buong katawan ko habang nakatingin sa walang malay niyang mukha.

God, I hope nothing bad happened to her.

***

"Attorney!"

I slowly lifted my head and saw Nicholas on the hallway of the hospital. Naglakad siya patungo sa'kin hanggang sa naramdaman ko nalang siya sa tapat ko. He then slowly knelt down in front of me while searching for my eyes.