06

#TPTG06

The news spread like wildfire. We were all shocked by the sudden death of our fellow student. Some were still grieving in deep agony. It was the first time that someone committed suicide in our school.

There were rumors circulating around. Everyone started to make up stories. Some said someone pushed her. They said that they saw the incident occur. Others were suspicious that it might be suicide that caused her death.

No one knows the truth.

"Ano kayang ikinamatay niya?"

"Baka nga kasi nagpakamatay."

"Grabe, hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala. Kinikilabutan ako."

"Ako din! First time may nangyaring ganito sa school. Nakakatakot."

"What do you guys think? Did she really committed suicide or perhaps someone else can be blamed by the incident?

"Grabe, masyado namang brutal kung may pumatay sa kanya. If that's the case, hindi ako magdadalawang isip na mag-transfer ng school."

"Maybe it was just an accident. I don't think there's some sort of psychopath in our school. People are exaggerating."

"If she really did commit suicide, then, what was her reason?"

My eyes are fixed on the exact spot where the victim's body where found. There wasn't any bloodstain anymore, just marks. But the people were obviously avoiding it. Pinagmasdan ko lang ang bawat estudyante na dumadaan doon.

"Can you respect her death please? Can you talk somewhere else and not here where the victim's body is found," I told at the group of students beside me

Gulat silang napatingin sa'kin. They panicked and looked at each other. Nagsialisan na sila pagkatapos.

I let out a long heavy sigh.

I still couldn't process everything even if it's already been a week since the incident happened. Others have already move on like nothing happened. They just went on with their lives. I don't know if they actually care or not. Maybe they are just trying to hide their emotions or maybe act unaffected. We still don't know the whole story and the reason behind her death but some chose not to know it anymore.

"How long are you going to stand there?"

Napalingon ako kay Keith na ngayon ay nasa tabi ko na. He was also looking at the exact spot I was looking a while ago.

"Until I find answers," sagot ko at binalik ang tingin sa harap

He chuckled softly. "I don't think you'll be able to find the answer just by staring at it. Even if you stand here until dawn."

I licked my lips. "Why are you here anyway?" I asked, a bit annoyed

Diretso lamang ang tingin namin sa kawalan hanggang sa umihip ang malakas na hangin.

"I saw her parents. They visited the school and talked to the principal."

My lips parted and turned my head to look at him. "Where are they now? Did they leave?"

Tumingin siya sa'kin sabay tingin sa likod ko. I looked on my right and saw the principal's office.

"It's been an hour already," he answered. "Just by the look on their faces, they were distressed and in tears."

Hindi ko mapigilang hindi maawa sa magulang ng biktima. I couldn't even imagine their situation right now. It truly is heartbreaking.

"You know her right?" he suddenly spoke. "The victim."