K.A.S (PART 3)

#TPTG_KEITH

My life turned upside down when senior year came..

"What are you doing here Kate?" I asked my sister. Andito kami ngayon sa tapat ng school ko.

She smiled. "I came to visit you and your school! Your school is big Kuya," she said in amazement while looking at the building behind me

I looked over my shoulder and saw the students watching us from a distance. I turned my head back to my sister.

"You should be in school too."

"Oo nga. Papasok na rin ako. Gusto ko lang makita school mo kaya nag-request ako kay papa na bumaba rito. Bakit kasi hindi tayo same ng school?"

I shrugged. "Ask mom."

She pouted. "Gusto ko rin dito mag-aral eh."

"I'll graduate soon from this school anyway. Besides, mas mabuting hindi ka dito nag-aral."

Her brows furrowed. "Bakit naman?"

I chuckled softly and caressed her hair. Narinig nalang namin na may bumusina sa likod. It was dad's car. Napatingin kami roon.

"You better get going or else you'll be late."

She looked up to me and smiled sweetly. I was surprised when she hugged me. "Bye Kuya. See you at home. Love you," she giggled

I smiled and kissed the top of her head. "See you at home."

Kumalas na rin siya sa yakap at tumakbo sa kotse namin. She turned around and waved her hand at me before going inside the car. I waved back too and waited for them to leave before heading my way inside. I stopped momentarily when I saw the students were all outside watching me.

I can't believe they're still here knowing that classes are about to start. But what confuses me the most is the shocked expression on their faces. I find it weird. Napailing nalang ako at naglakad pabalik sa loob. Naramdaman kong sinundan nila ako ng tingin pero hindi ko na sila pinansin.

"Ma'am. Kailan po announcements ng top 10 sa klase?" one of my classmates asked

I was at the back row, silently reading a book, uninterested of their topic.

"Today na class. Are you all excited to hear the results?" our teacher said with a huge smile on her lips

"Yes ma'am!" they replied enthusiastically.

I crossed my legs and turned the page of the book. I'm currently reading one of Paulo Coelho's work, The Alchemist. So far, I'm enjoying it. It's one of his greatest works yet.

"Pst. Keith."

I looked up to my classmate infront of me. My brow shot up. "What?"

"Iaannounce na yung top ten. Hindi ka ba excited? Baka top 1 ka na this time!" she sneered

"No and I already know who's it gonna be, and it's not me," I simply replied and diverted my attention back to my book

"Tsk, sungit talaga," I heard her say in an unpleasant tone. Tumingin na ulit siya sa harap pagkatapos.

"Naku, pustahan tayo guys kung sino top 1. Si Fey 'yan for sure!"

"Tinatanong pa ba 'yan e, obvious naman?"

"Lapag niyo mga pusta niyo ano!"

"No doubt, it's the one and only, Felicity Guevarra."

I couldn't focus on what I was reading since their voices kept on interrupting my inner peace. I shut my eyes and sighed, feeling irritated.