18

#TPTG18

"What the hell have you done Fey?!"

I flinched when my father raised his voice at me. Nakatayo ako sa harapan niya habang siya'y nakaupo sa office niya. "I didn't do anything."

"Sinabi ko na sa'yo na h'wag kang mangielam 'di ba? Tapos ngayon, nalaman ko nalang na nireport mo si Archie sa pulis?!" he exclaimed in disbelief

"He deserves to pay for his own crime. Did you know he's a part of an illegal transaction?! He has done more--"

"I don't care what he did. This is all your fault. Gusto mong pabagsakin ang pamilya natin," he snarled

Tears began to threaten to fall from my eyes. "You're the one who's creating all this mess. Dad please, please stop this already."

"Ikaw dapat yung tumigil sa sarili mong kahibangan. You're causing too much trouble. I didn't raise you to be like this," he shook his head in disappointment

I clenched my fist. "If you try cover up Archie's crime again, I'll expose this to the media," I said and showed him a voice record from my phone

He scoffed. "Iyan ba ang makakasira sa'kin? Is that a threat? Hmm?"

"The news already spread and the people are already talking about the said issue. He is a Guevarra afterall. Wait until the world finds out that-"

"Are you blackmailing me? Going against your own father? Naririnig mo ba ang sinasabi mo?!" he growled

"Then you left me with no choice," I said coldly and played the voice recorder

"Then how do you explain the cctv footage of you and Archie talking here in the office? How he begged for your help. I watched it alright. Then I saw you two talking again at the family gathering. So this is what you guys were hiding huh?"

"Wala kang alam Fey kaya huwag kang makielam."

"I'm not stupid dad. I know you have something on your sleeves. I caught you and Archie red handed-"

"So what if I covered up Archie? Hmm? May magagawa ka ba? I just helped him clean up his mess."

His eyes widened in shock then his face turned into a deep scowl.  Ramdam ko ang namumuong tension sa'min.

"Why dad? Why did you have to do it?! Covering up a crime? Inosenteng tao ang namatay! Wala ka bang awa? Hindi mo ba naisip yung pamilya ng biktima at-"

"Wala akong pake! Wala kang karapatan pangunahan ang desisyon ko!"

I paused the voice record and looked at him. "I'm sure you don't want this to get exposed. Sigurado ako na mas may pake ka sa sarili mong kapakanan kaysa kay Archie 'di ba?"

He slammed his hand hard on his desk. "I can't believe you're doing this. You are such a disgrace to the family!"

Umiling ako. "Archie's the one to blame Dad. He's a disgrace to our family! Sa kanya ka dapat nagagalit."

"Can't you see that I'm also doing this for our family? Para sa ikabubuti niyo? I'm trying to maintain a clean reputation here and you want to expose our family?!"

"That's the point! You want to have a clean image but look at what you're doing. Dala-dala mo ang pangalan natin tapos sinisira mo lang-"

"Enough! You have crossed the line young lady," his voice thundered

"Sa tingin mo ba ikaw lang ang naapektuhan? Ako rin," my voice broke. "You're also putting a burden to all of us. Pagod na pagod na ko pa. I can't live peacefully without feeling this guilt inside me. This...this is all wrong."