35

#TPTG35

"Don't worry mom. I'll visit you again okay? Please, be strong. I'll do everything to get you out of here. You won't be staying here for long hm? Trust me," I said

Today, I visited my mother in prison. We were outside under the sun and I could also see all the other prisoners too.

"I will Fey. Magpapakatatag ako para sa'tin," she smiled weakly

I held her hand on the table. "Are you hurt? Wala naman bang ibang nananakit dito sa'yo?" I said referring to the other prisoners.

Who knows what type of person they are. Some are dangerous and have committed a serious crime. I get anxious dahil baka may nanakit na sa kanya.

Umiling siya. "No. If there is, I won't let them hurt me."

I smiled weakly. I know she's trying so hard to be strong right now. I admire his strenghth. I can't even imagine what she's going through right now. Baka hindi ko kayanin.

"Mom..." I called softly

She looked at me with sorrowful eyes and my heart crushed into a million pieces.

"What's w-wrong?"

Yumuko siya. "Wala naman. Naisip ko lang yung kaibigan mo na si Keith na prosecutor."

I bit my lips suppressing my tears. "He's not my friend mom."

She slowly nodded, deeply hurt as I am. I didn't want to go any further 'cause it will only open more wounds.

"Hindi na siya yung nakilala mo noon."

Her forehead creased but I can still see the pain behind her eyes. "He was a good man.."

I looked away so she couldn't see me in the verge of breaking down. "Nung mga panahon na nakatira pa ako sa mansion, those were the days where I felt trapped. It never felt like home. I felt that I had been fighting my own battles alone. That I had no one. Parang wala akong choice kundi tumayo sa sarili kong paa..."

That time I felt like I was in my lowest moment in my entire life. I was still young back then...and I get hurt easily. Hindi naman kasi ako matapang na tao...nagtatapang tapangan lang ako. My heart is young, fragile, and vulnerable...but I had to show everyone that I'm strong. I had to show that I'm not affected of how much hate they threw on me because if I did, magmumukha akong mahina.

"I'm sorry Fey. Alam kong ang dami kong pagkukulang sa'yo bilang ina at sana mapatawad mo ko. You didn't deserve to go through that. I failed to protect you...I failed as a mother," her voice broke

I shook my head. "No mom. Naiintindihan kita. I know you've been through a lot as well. I have already forgiven you."

I still have a lot of things to say to her but I don't know where to start. I have many things to apologize for. Alam kong nasaktan ko din siya.

I know she's sacrificed a lot for the family. I just failed to acknowledge that. I was consumed by anger and resentment that I forgot that she's also going through so much.

"You are my strength mom. If it wasn't for you then I wouldn't have come this far," I said. "I'm saying this to you para patatagin ka. Ang dami na nating pinagdaanan, ngayon pa ba tayo susuko? We should fight together, alright?"

She leaned forward to me and wiped my tears away. I smiled weakly and held her hand.

"You've grown strong and mature Fey. I'm proud of you.."

"I got it from you."

She sighed and looked away.

"I know you still have a lot of things to say to me but let's reserve that kapag nakalaya ka na. For now, I want you to be strong...for me...for us," I encourage her