07

#TPTG07

As soon as we got home, I went straight upstairs to my room. Nagkulong lang ako roon buong araw at nag-aral.

My dad throwed a party today in celebration of winning the election. He decided to held the celebration here. Of course, he invited the clan as well as his fellow candidates. They were downstairs, celebrating.

It's already dark outside but it seems like the party won't end anytime soon. I didn't engage with any of them because I was not interested. I was also tired as well but I couldn't really sleep so I decided to read.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at my door. Tumigil ako sa pag-aaral at lumingon doon. Bumukas iyon at tumambad sa harap ko si mama. She smiled at me and went inside. She's holding a tray filled with food and a glass of juice.

"Fey. Why didn't you come downstairs for dinner? Hindi ka manlang bumaba simula nung umuwi tayo."  She put the tray down the table near me.

I lifted my book and showed it to her. "I'm studying."

"Kain ka muna," she reminded and sat on the edge of my bed

"Later. I'm not really hungry," I lazily replied while highlighting some paragraphs from the book

"Fey. Are you okay? Pansin ko nitong mga nakaraang araw eh, parang wala kang gana kumain. You're always here inside your room. I'm worried about you."

Napahinto ako. "Nothing. I'm just a bit stress in school."

Maya-maya ay naramdaman ko nalang siya nakatayo sa likod ko. She then caressed my back. "Don't stress yourself too much Fey. Pahinga ka din paminsan minsan. Aren't you tired?"

Of course I am.

I wish I can say that to her but...will it change a thing? I don't have a choice.

"Nakakakain ka pa ba ng maayos? May sapat ka ba na tulog?"

I sighed. "I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep that's why I decided to study."

Hindi na siya sumagot.

"Is the party still not over?" I asked

"Hindi pa. Alam mo naman yung papa mo, madaming kaibigan at kakilala," she chuckled

"Okay.."

"Sige, baka nadidistorbo na kita. I'll just leave the food here in case you get hungry."

I only gave her a nod. Hindi ko inalis ang paningin ko sa libro. I can see from the corner of my eyes that she's already at the door.

"Mom," I called

Tumigil siya at nilingon ako. "Yes?"

Umiwas ako ng tingin at pumikit panandalian bago binalik ang tingin sa kanya. "Why...why do you let Dad treat you like that?"

Her brows furrowed then she went closer to me. "What do you mean?"

I stared at my book on my desk. "It looks like he doesn't even care about you. Do you even love each other?"

She blinked twice then chuckled nervously. Tumikhim siya at nilapitan ako. She caressed my cheek. "It's not your father's fault Fey. Mahal ko ang papa mo."

I let my head rest on her chest. There was sadness in her voice like she just told me a lie. I just wish she's actually telling the truth even if my gut feeling is telling me otherwise. I just don't want her to get hurt in the end.

"But does he love you?"

She sighed while caressing my hair. "Of course."

***