32

#TPTG32

The next day, I was surprised when Nicholas visited me at my condo. I just woke up and haven't taken a shower when I opened the door for him.

"Goodmorning Attorney," he greeted with a warm smile on his lips the showed me two paperbags. "I bought lunch. Kumain ka na?"

Kinusot ko ang mata ko at sinundan siya ng tingin papunta sa dining area. He looked at me from head to foot. His lips curved into a smile.

"Seems like you just woke up."

Nahiya ako sa itsura ko. I'm wearing my white silk pajamas. Meanwhile he looks fresh with a simple t-shirt and pants. I tied my messy hair to look more decent. It's his first time seeing me bare face and my real self than the Attorney look.

"Tinanghali ka na ng gising. It's past lunch."

Napakurap-kurap ako. "Really? I overslept maybe that's why I'm still tired."

"Where's your mom pala?"

I looked at my condo and only realized now that mom wasn't here. Tumingin din siya sa paligid. I took my phone from the table and saw a message from her.

"Oh, she went to the grocery to buy food and supplies. Maaga siyang umalis."

He nodded then continued to prepare the food. Nilapitan ko siya.

"Don't you have work? What are you doing here?"

"I don't. Gusto kitang kamustahin. I thought you were sick yesterday. Nawala na ba ang migraine mo?"

"Uh, sort of.."

"Hindi ka na nakakapagpahinga nitong mga nakaraang araw. I'm worried. Do you have work today? Can't you take a day off?" he asked worriedly

Tipid akong ngumiti. "Day off ko."

"Oh, good. Let's eat now. I actually cooked this for you," he said and looked at the food on the table. It looks delicious. Dalawang klase ng ulam ang niluto niya. Nilagang baboy at isda na may kasamang gulay

My stomach grumbled by the smell of it. I can't wait to eat it. "I'll just brush my teeth quickly." I excused myself then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I returned, everything was set up

He pulled the chair for me and I sat down. "Thank you."

Umupo na rin siya sa tabi ko at nagsimula na kaming kumain. Humigop ako ng sabaw nung nilaga. I noticed he was watching me.

"Is it good?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

He held his chest and sighed in relief. "Buti nalang."

I chuckled. "Why?"

"I was nervous baka hindi mo magustuhan. I'm confident with my cooking skills but I feel like you're hard to please," he smiled awkwardly

My brow raised, amused. "What? I'm not hard to please. I'm just...a perfectionist," I said and took a bite of the meat. "But the food tastes better than I expected."

His smile grew wider. "Thanks."

Bumalik na ako sa pag kain. Napansin ko panay ang tingin niya sa'kin. I suddenly felt conscious of my face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, covering my mouth filled with food

He gulped. "You just look beautiful kahit na bagong gising ka," he shyly said

I felt my cheeks heated up. Umiwas ako ng tingin. I'm used to receiving compliments about my beauty but coming from him felt special.

"Attorney."