K.A.S (PART 2)

#TPTG_KEITH

"Goodmorning everyone. My name is Keith Adrian Sanchez. I'm thirteen years old. My nickname is Kai but I prefer if you call me Keith instead. It's nice to meet you all," I introduced myself in front of the class

"Let's all welcome your new classmate, Keith! It's nice to meet you hijo," she said and faced the class. "Keith right here is a consistent honor student since he was in pre-school up to middle school. He also graduated first honor in his previous school. We're lucky to have him as a top pupil," she looked back at me again with a smile on her lips. "Looking forward to your performance this year Keith."

I only gave her a small smile. "Thank you."

"Now, class. I hope you will all get along with Keith."

Embarrassment gushed over me when they all started applausing for me. Para akong statue na nakatayo lang sa harapan nila. Hindi malaman ang gagawin. They all have a bright smile plastered on their faces while looking at me. Nginitian ko sila pabalik.

I tried my best to look at them one by one. Then my eyes landed to this one girl on the second row on the corner of the room. She caught my attention not because I find her attractive or she's making unnecessary movements pero dahil siya lang ang masama ang tingin sa'kin. Her arms are crossed over her chest and her brows are furrowed while looking at me. Her gaze was intense, like it could kill.

From my spot, I can see the bitterness and disgust in her eyes, feeling unpleasant at my mere presence. Hindi ko alam kung bakit gano'n ang tingin niya sa'kin. Everyone seems delighted upon seeing me except for her. She looked grumpy. For some reason, I can't keep my eyes off her. We only broke eye contact when she rolled her eyes at me.

I only got back to my senses when my teacher spoke.

"Okay Keith. Thank you. You may take your seat."

"Ma'am dito niyo siya paupuin sa tabi ko!"

"Ma'am dito may vacant seat."

"Pre! Dito oh!"

They kept on calling my name simultaneously and I didn't know where to look. Nakita kong may mga bakanteng upuan sa dulo.

"Where do I sit ma'am?" I asked our teacher since I don't know which seat to choose

She smiled at me. "Wherever you like."

I nodded and walked towards the last row. Nakita ko kung paano nila ako nilingon at sinundan ng tingin. I put down my bag and sat on my armchair. I looked at my classmates and they were all looking at me.

"Ang pogi niya girl."

"At matalino rin daw. Swerte natin. May bago tayong classmate!"

"Gusto ko siyang kausapin kaso nahihiya ako."

"Sayang hindi siya dito umupo sa row natin."

"Ang lapit niya kay Fey."

From my seat, I can hear their murmurs and conversations about me, especially the girls. They kept on stealing glances at me. Iginiya ko ang paningin sa paligid. We were quite a lot inside the room. About thirty of us. Our classroom was big and there were big windows on the side. I was lucky enough to be near the window. I looked outside and there's a tall tree near the window. Tanaw rin ang field sa baba.

"What's up Keith? I'm Christopher by the way."

Napatingin ako sa tabi ko. My seatmate is a guy. He offered me a handshake and I gladly took it. We bumped our shoulders too. "Nice to meet you."

"Swerte ko may matalino na akong seatmate. Buti dito mo pinili umupo. Magulo rito sa last row e."

"It's fine. Gusto ko rito kasi malapit sa bintana."