23

#TPTG23

One sunny morning, I was blankly staring at the ceiling of my room thinking why my life turned out like this. Why do I have to go through so much pain? Everyday feels the same just like yesterday. I get more and more lethargic. Unti-unti na akong nawawalan ng gana mabuhay.

I sighed and covered my arm over my face. I slept for another ten minutes before deciding to get out of bed. I wore my slippers and opened the curtains. The ray of sunlight struck my face. I closed my eyed and embraced the warmth of it.

Eventhough, I wasn't in my best state to go to school, I forced myself to do so. I spent a few minutes on the sunlight before I prepared for school.

"Goodmorning ma'am," bati sa'kin ng babae sa counter pagkapasok ko sa cafe

Tipid lang akong ngumiti pabalik. 

I ordered my usual order which is iced latte before walking towards one of the tables. I stopped when I saw Keith from a distance. He's sitting at the far end corner of the cafe. He lifted his eyes and made eye contact. Umiwas ako ng tingin at umupo na sa upuan. His table wasa few meters away behind me.

Nilapag ko ang mga gamit ko at nagsimula na ring mag-aral. It was not long until the waitress served my drink. I thanked her and continued to study. Huminto ako saglit at tumingin sa likod ko. Nakita ko si Keith na seryosong nag-aaral. He fixed his glasses while scanning some cases.

All of a sudden, I remembered that I have to pay him back because he paid for my items the other day. I almost forgot. Good thing he's here...but at the same time, I don't want to disturb him pero kaysa naman na makalimutan ko pa. Who knows when we'll see each other again. We're both busy students.

Sa huli ay tumayo na ako at nilapitan siya. I took out some cash from my wallet. Nang makalapit ay inabot ko iyon sa kanya. He stopped from writing and lifted his eyes on me. His brows furrowed while staring at me and back at the money.

"Bayad ko," sabi ko

Hindi siya nagsalita. It was not long until he took the money, I mean, half of it. He left the one hundred peso bill. I arched my brow, confused.

"Thanks."

At first I thought he wouldn't take it based on his reaction. Nanatili ang mata niya sa'kin. I looked away and put back my money on my wallet before returning to my seat.

Uminom ulit ako sa kape ko bago bumalik sa pag-aaral. Time has passed but I couldn't seem to focus. My mind couldn't absorbed the cases I'm reading. Minsan ay napapatulala nalang ako o kaya napapatitig sa ibang bagay.

I drank from my latte again but it suddenly slipped from my hand causing the liquid to spill on my cases. Napamura ako at mabilis na inalis ang mga papel. Thankfully, I managed to save half of it but the rest are soaked in coffee. My eyes widened as I look at my own mess. I let out an exasperated sigh. I was about to set my glass aside when my hand started to shake so I automatically held my hand tightly to prevent it from shaking.

Bumilis din ang tibok ng puso ko, like I'm palpitating. I tried to hold the glass again but it suddenly dropped on the floor causing a loud shatter of glass. I looked at the floor and saw the shattered pieces scattered everywhere. Napatingin sa'kin lahat ng tao sa cafe maski ang waitress.

I swallowed hard and tried to pick up the broken glass with my shaky hands. I was about to pick up the pieces when someone held my wrist. I lifted my eyes and saw Keith. His eyes were fixed on the floor. He slightly pushed the pieces of glass away from me using his foot. Nilayo ko rin ang paa ko. Ilang sandali ay may dumating na waiter hawak-hawak ang isang walis tambo at dustpan.