08

#TPTG08

"I'm sorry but I really can't accept what's not for me," I politely said to our principal

Kumunot ang noo niya. "What do you mean Miss Guevarra?"

Tumungo ako. "I know my father talked to you. I know that Keith will always be your first choice so please, panindigan niyo rin po yung sinabi niyo. Let him go to the seminar instead."

Hindi naman siya agad nakasagot.

She sighed. "I understand Miss Guevarra."

I then slowly lifted my eyes to her. "What about Keith?"

She gave me a small smile. "Don't worry. I'll talk to him," she assured me

Tumango ako at nagpaalam na. 

I'm still not at ease. I felt bad for Keith even if he said those hurtful things to me. Alam kong nasaktan siya kaya niya nasabi yun. I just accepted it because some of the things he said, was true.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit nadamay pa siya. I just hate how my father works sometimes kaya pati ako ay nadadamay. I wish I could apologize to Keith again in behalf of my father. He didn't deserve this.

"Hey! What's up?" Lou greeted and put down her tray on our table. 

I looked at it. "Is that all you got to eat for lunch?" I asked while pointing at the salad

She rolled her sleeves and nodded. "Uh-huh. I have to maintain my figure."

"That's not enough supplements for your brain knowing we still have four subjects left equivalent to four school hours."

Kumunot ang noo niya. "Okay smarty pants. How about you eat. I don't even remember the last time that I saw you had a properly meal 'cause all you do is study. You always have a book with you."

She opened the salad and began to eat. "You want?"

"That's not even enough for you."

"Here, you can have my apple," she offered the apple that she already has a bite on

I stared at it and smiled weakly. "Thanks."

She smiled widely and continued to eat. Pinagmasdan ko ang mga estudyante na kumakain ngayon sa cafeteria.

"By any chance, have you seen Keith?" I asked

"No. Why?" kunot noo niyang tanong

"Nothing."

"Then why are you looking for him? Don't tell me you like him? Baka nadala ka sa mga asaran ng iba nating kaklase ah," she teased

I sighed and massaged my temple. "Just eat, Lou."

She laughed. 

Meanwhile, some of her friends approached her and joined us at the table. They all know me but I'm not sure if I know all of them. Lou has a lot of friends, kahit sa mga lower batch ay close niya.

I didn't engage in their conversation because I don't know what their topic. Kinakausap nila ako pero tipid lang ang bawat sagot ko.

My mind was somewhere else. I wonder if Keith still joined the seminar. I haven't seen him these past few days. Hindi ko nadin siya nakausap simula nung nangyari. Today is the seminar and I have no idea if he still attended or not. I hope he did.

Dismissal came and I'm outside the campus waiting for my ride. Nagkakalat din ang mga estudyante. Pinagmasdan ko sila sa malayo.

"Huy guys! Nood tayo ng gig mamaya."