|16| Painting On The Wall

"You want to continue with your studies? You want to go to school?" your father ask as his mind about you going to school has already been made. He wasn't going to let you but you wanted to go because Saiki and the other friends you have made are there and it's the only place you'll get to see them.

If you stay home and be homeschooled, sooner than later, you wouldn't be able to leave the house because your father wouldn't let you. Your own home is going to became your prison.

You were released from the hospital as you were feeling much better. The doctors wrote some medication your father should get for you and told you when you should take them and how many. Your father bought them and now you're both at home.

He was getting ready to leave as he needs to head back to his business trip that he came back from because of your accident. He was standing by the door, ready to leave until you brought up the subject of going to school as before he heads to the airport or train or what ever transport to take him to work, he was going to head to your school to talk to the principal or taking you out of the school.

"Yes. I may be weak but I'm not that weak yet, dad," you tell him.

"(Name), you're sick. You're weak. The walk to school is too far and you can't--"

"I have never ever asked you for anything in my life! I'm asking you, for the first time, let me go to school. Please," you beg him which surprised him because what you said is true. You have never once asked him for anything.

Not even asking him to stay home.

You never once complained to him about his business trip or anything else which is why he's wondering why going to school is so important for you. Many kids would be glad to stay home.

Your father sighs, "Alright. You can continue your studies at school but I don't want anymore issues. You understand?" he ask.

"Understood," you say with a smile.

"I need to go now."

"Alright, bye," you say as he shows you his back and walk out.

You exhale loudly as you felt like you have been holding back your breath. You walk to a wall and lean on it. You then slide down in relief. You were glad that you were able to convince your father to let you continue on going to school.

.

.

.

"You changed your emergency contact?" Saiki ask and you nod as you drink your juice box.

"Yeah, to one of my neighbour's. Do you remember the little girl I was with a few days ago, Stella?" you ask him.

"Yes," he says even thought he knows what you're trying to explain as you were thinking of it.

"Well, her mother knows me pretty well and I know her. She has been like a mother figure for me so if anything happens, she'll be the first one that's going to be contacted instead of my father. He made it clear that he doesn't want any issues," you tell him with a sigh.

"You'll be fine. I'll make sure of it," Saiki promises and you force a smile but Saiki heard your thought. 

You don't believe him.

"Hey, what's that?" Saiki ask as he sees something on your neck.

"Hm?" you say as you don't understand what he means until he points at your neck. You take out your phone and go on your camera to check what he's looking at. You move your hair to see a red mark. It's hard to notice as your hair covers it but also because it's mostly on your back neck and down shoulder.