|32| Do You Remember?

After a few hours, it got late and Stella fell asleep on you. You smile as you see her sleeping face. "I should take her home," Julie says quietly as she picks up her sleeping daughter.

"You can take my car. I can stay here and keep (Name) company for tonight," Felix says with a smile, "If that's okay with you," he says as he looks at you and you nod with a smile.

"Alright, I'll be back in the morning," Julie says as Felix hands her his car keys.

"But what about work?" you ask her a you know she's a busy woman.

"Work? I'm on vacation," she says with a smile, "I'll see you tomorrow morning," Julie adds with a wink and then she walks out of the room with Stella.

You look at Felix who was watching Julie and Stella leave with a gentle smile. He then looks at you, "When she heard about what happened to you, she asked someone at her work to cover for her and she made a phone call to her boss explaining that someone who's family is at the hospital and how she'll like to use her vacation weeks to be there for that person. As Julie is a woman who alway shows up to work and gets the job done, her boss granted her wish and even added an extra week off as he said that she deserved it," Felix explains.

"She did that for me?" you ask and Felix nods as he takes a seat on the chair next to you.

"She sees you as he own daughter, (Name). She cares a lot about you. She never once left your side unless it was to go to the bathroom which is a great thing that you have a bathroom here," he says which made you chuckle.

"You can go home and rest," you tell him and Felix shakes his head.

"I may not be close to you as you are with Julie or Stella. I may not know you enough like they do. I may just be some stranger or Julie's boyfriend to you but... I know that you being alone right now is that last thing you need. But I won't stay in the room if you don't me to. If you're uncomfortable with me, I can go outside and sit right next to this room. I'll be close so if you need anything, you can just shout and I'll be here to help with whatever," Felix tells you softly.

"You're not a stranger or Julie's boyfriend," you tell him which made him look at you wondering what you mean, "You're Felix Ray. An artist. A kind man. A man who makes Julie very happy. Treats her with respect and show nothing but love to her and Stella. You're a good man and stepfather. I'm not even Julie's daughter or sister. I'm just someone who she cares about and you have showed me nothing but kindness. You're a friend," you tell him with a bright smile.

Felix smiles and chuckles, "A teenager and a grown man being friends? People will talk," he says weirdly as he raises his eye brown which made you laugh.

"Don't make it weird," you tell him and he laugh loudly.

"I heard you're a big fan of music," he says and you nod with a hum, "Well, lucky you," he says as he takes out his phone, "I have great taste in music," he says as he start playing some songs which made you smile.

"Thank you for staying. Being alone if the last thing I want," you tell him and he nods with a gentle smile as he lowers the volume of the music. It's still there but just in low volume.

"I know it's none of my business but your father should be here with you right now than me. I'm sorry he can't be here," he says and you shake your head as you look at your hands that were together.

"I'm use to it. He only shows up when something major happens and when he knows I'm still breathing. Still alive... He leaves and comes back in a few days to either lecture me or talk to the doctor and sign the papers for me to be discharged," you tell him with a sigh.