|14| Why Me?

"This is amazing!" you say with a giggle as you walk out of the haunted house while holding Saiki's hand.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself he says with a genteel smile as he looks at you. You look at him with a smile and nod as you really were. It almost felt like a dream but you did feel a little guilty, "You don't seem to be enjoying yourself as I am and I feel a little bad about that," you confess.

"It's hard to when you're not afraid of anything. Having psychic abilities sort of take that away from you but I am having fun," Saiki tells you honestly.

"Thank you for this, Saiki. Really," you tell him as you look at your hand that's holding his. Honestly it felt nice and meant to be. A perfect match some would even say but you did wonder about something, "Saiki, what would happen if I let go of your hand?" you ask.

"Hm?" Saiki says not understanding what you mean by that until you heard your thoughts.

"You holding my hand is the reason why I'm able to do this without breaking. My stamina feels better than it was ever. I almost feel normal. My heart raise is normal and I feel perfectly fine when I should be at the hospital by now because doing all of this could actually kill me," you tell him.

You know it wouldn't kill you but the pain is really unbearable that you always end up passing out and waking up in the hospital. It just hurts so much that you feel like dying. You hate the pain which is why you always want to make your death quick.

Sometimes when you think about hanging yourself, you get second thought because you'll feel the pain and your body will struggle. You know the feeling of it and you hated it because when the rope broke, you started coughing and you were in so much pain.

Is it too much to just ask for a painless death?

Saiki can hear your thoughts and it pained him. Why do you have to be like this? Do you really want to die that badly?

"You'll be okay. I'll make sure of it. Nothing bad will happen to you," he says which confused you as that was not the answer you expected. He sounded desperate or sad. You couldn't understand.

You look at him and you couldn't help but smile, "You're really cute, Saiki," you say out of nowhere which caught him off guard. He blushes but quickly cools off and you just laugh.

"(Name)?" you and Saiki look at the person who said your name. Your eyes widen when you saw Alex and his friends. You notice how Massie has her arm around his and when she saw you, she got closer to Alex as if she was telling you that he's hers now.

You look at the others to see the guys with a few girls. They were all looking at you weirdly. You know these kids. They were once your friends but you wondered how it got to this... No, you knew... 

Your sickness is what pushed them away. They couldn't be friends with a girl who's weak as a feather.

"(Name), I thought that you couldn't go on any rides or to amusements because of your heart," Massie says which everyone agreed to which is why they were all surprised to see you. "See, I told you guys. She was faking it this whole time for attention," Massie says with a smirk and you felt like dying right there and then. 

"Massie!" Alex says looking at her and then back at you but you were looking at the ground. Alex notice how you were holding hands with Saiki, the guy next to you. 

Saiki heard every single one of their thoughts but hearing the one from Massie's, he wanted to get you out of here, away from them because what she got planned for you is something he wasn't going to allow to happen.

"(Na--),"

"(Name), didn't you say you wanted to something to drink?" Saiki ask you as he interrupts Massie.