|22| Fortune Telling

[Sorry for the very late update. Main excuse: School.]

"I know it's not much and that it might get in the way of work but I--"

"It's alright," you father says as he interrupt you.

It was New Years. Your father came to see you but he won't get to stay long and you were okay with it because at least he's here, spending time with you. You were both walking side to side, heading to the shrine together to pray for the New Years.

Because he wasn't there with you for Christmas, you gave him his present that you made for him when you saw him. It was a leather bracelet that you learn to make for him. The has it on right now but you were very anxious about it. You did receive the present that was sent to you. It was brand new pain and brushes as well as cooking supplies.

He places a hand on your head. You look at him to see him with a gentle and warm smile, "I won't ever take it off," he says which made you smile.

"I'm very talented, aren't I?" you ask with a bright smile.

Your father chuckles, "Indeed so my child," he says as he messes up your hair, "You're warm, correct?" he ask.

"Yup!" you tell him as you fix your hair. You're wearing gloves, warm clothing, a warm jacket, scarf and and ear warmer. You took it off to fix your hair and then you put it back on.

"What will you wish for?" your father ask as you both have arrives to the shrine. There's a lot of people but that's understandable as it's New Years.

"I can't say or it won't come true," you tell him as you were now in line. You ask him about his travels and he tells you all about it. What happened, the country he visited. Everything and hearing it makes you smile, "Maybe one day we can travel together," you suggest with a smile.

Your father looks away as if he didn't have the heart to tell you no. You lower your head but then you felt a gentle pat on your head, "When you graduate and continue being healthy," he says which made you smile.

You raise your head and look around to see all the people that came today. Some are even wearing the traditional kimono. You don't own any and you have always wanted to wear one but never had the strength to say that you did nor the courage to do so.

You continue to admire until you notice someone standing far away from you. 

Saiki? you wonder but you shake your head, No, there's no way... you add but then you see Kaido, Teruhashi, Hairo, Nendo and even Saiki's parents.

Saiki heard your voice which made him start looking around until he made eye contact with you. "(Name), it's our turn," your father says as he gets your attention.

You look at him and smile as you nod. You and your father stand in front f the shrine and do what needs to be done. Saiki looks at you and your father as he has noticed him. He was curious about both of your New Years wishes so he decides to listen in.

Please let dad have some breaks to spend more time with me... you wish.

Please help her... Heal her... She didn't do anything wrong to deserve this... your father wishes which confused Saiki so much. One second he's the worst father in the world and next he's caring and loving. Your father is sending mix signal.

After that, you and your father walk away with smiles on your faces. This honestly felt nice. You love spending time with him. "(Name)!!" you look at who yelled out your name to see Stella running to you.

You smile as you bend down with open arms. She hugs you and you hug her back with a smile, "My shinning star," you say with a giggle.

"Mr. (Your Last Name)," Julie says to your father with a polite smile. She wasn't alone but a guy was standing next to her. He looks family so when you both looked at each other, he also put on a face that's asking if you both have met before until he remembers.