|64| A Ring

"Well, I got good news and great news," the doctor state with a smile after doing a check up on you and Felix. You're missing school for this.

You look at Felix with a smile which made him chuckle as he place a hand on your head. "We'll like the good news first then," he tells him which the doctors nods.

"The good news is that your wounds are feeling, Ray," he says to your father. "Despite the severe burn, if you continue to use your prescribed cream and continue with the the treatment, your skin will heal but the marks will still be there, just less noticeable and not as bad as they are now but it won't affect your art skills," the doctor explains.

"Are you saying I can still draw? Sculpture?" Felix ask with hope in his voice.

"Yes," the doctor chuckles which made Felix smile brightly.

"If the good news is about me then the great news..." Felix looks at you which you understood. You quickly look at the doctor who is smiling.

"You're healing," he says which could cause you to tear up at this moment. "I'm not saying you're cured because... you're not. But, with the test results and your health, you are healing. You won't die at eighteen. Now, you've raised your life expansion for another few more years," he says as he grabs a few papers and hands them to Felix who takes a look at them.

"How many?" you ask eagerly.

"It's not much but, if I'm correct, you got three more years,'" he says which cause you to look at Felix. "If you continue on this path, you may as well be able to live until you're thirty," he says which cause you to place your hands over your face as you start to cry.

"Thank you," Felix says as he place a hand on your back to comfort you while you start thanking the doctor and everything many times.

"(Name) Ray, what you had was not easy to see. It was hard to diagnose what you may have been suffering. You had a high tolerance with some of the antibiotics that were given to you years ago. Your medical records showed a lot different results but luckily, whatever you did, it's working but I can't say you'll live. You're just giving a few more years," he says as he doesn't want to give any false hope nor false promises.

"I'll take it," you say as you wipe your tears and look at the doctor. "I'll take any that is given to me." Your smile has never been brighter and despite knowing that you'll still face death one day, at least it won't be between two to five years from now. You got back a few more years, even if it's little, it's something. Months would have made you hopeful but years? You just couldn't stop crying.

Once you got home, Felix did his best to ease your crying as he laughs. He's not making fun of you but he's also happy. He wanted to call Julie at work and tell her all about it but he knew it would be better if you did yourself when Julie gets home.

"Things get better," Felix says with a smile as he gives you a gentle hug which you were very quick to accept.

If you ever told your younger self where you are, what you have, the family you deserve, the boyfriend you never expected; all of it. If you told your younger self about it, she wouldn't believe it. She would be hopeful but deep down, she would know it wouldn't be true.

Only if she could see you now.

It was had of the day and you know you can head to school but you thought it would be best not to go and stay home until school is over. 

As time goes by, Felix goes to pick up Stella from school while you told him you were going to go see Kusuo.

You made sure you're wearing the earrings so that he wouldn't read your mind as you wanted to be the one to tell him the good news. You did text them where to meet you when he can. You first went to by some sweets, coffee jelly to be exact. And then you went to the meeting spot.