|35| How Much Time?

"This doesn't make sense..." you tell yourself as you were laying down on your father's office floor with pictures of your parents around the floor and every information about them and their past that your father kept.

It's too quiet... you tell yourself as you take your phone out of your pocket and start playing a song. At the same time, you check the time. It's getting late but you didn't want to head to Julie's yet but you do need to take your medication in a few minutes too and those are in Julie's place but nothing bad will happen if you're a little late. As long as you take them before bed, you're okay.

You stare at the ceiling until your eyes start wondering around and that's when you noticed something. It's on the shelf, all the way up where you wouldn't be able to reach. You get up and place your phone on the table and then grab the chair. You get up while being careful to see what it is and once you grab it, you see how it a yearbook.

You get off the chair and take a seat on the ground to look through it. It was a little dusty but not as much as you would think it would be. It mean that there are times your father look through it. You open the first page to see high school kids. First it was a picture of every students and you look through them until you stop at your father's name.

He looked so much younger back then but also more serious. He really did look like the responsible and model student. And then you found a picture of you mother as you remember the name. She looks so happy and bright. If you didn't know she was your mother, you would think she was a person who would never leave their kids.

You continue to look through it but mainly analyst the pictures that had your parents in them. Your father was as serious as usual. Won first prize for spelling bee, got the top grades, was known to be teachers favourite and the school prize and joy when it came to intelligence. There's a section where the students can write what they believe their classmates will be when they got older and most of them for your father, it said that he would be a very successful man with his own company or just be very rich.

You then look for your mother to find out she was just an average student with average grades however she was the life of the party. Everyone loved her, she almost seen in every picture as she seemed like she got along with everyone. But what confused you a lot is that she was also known to love kids as she did jobs that involve taking care of kids. Everyone believed that she would be the first to marry and have like eleven kids.

You didn't understand that. 

If she was like that then why did she leave?

What happened to her?

For future, the students wrote that she was most likely to became a teacher. 

Your parents were the complete opposite yet your mother made the first move. There was a picture of them together signed as 'the weird yet meant to be couple'. 

You don't understand anything at all. How did it get like this? 

"What did I do to get to hate me? To get her to leave me...?" you ask yourself as you started to get depressed.

If I wasn't born, would mom and dad be together? Was I the one who ruined their relationship? Does dad hate me because I was the reason they got divorced...?  You felt like crying because all you have is just a fountain of questions without answers. Mom, why did you leave me-- No. you quickly stop yourself from thinking about her and being depressed. I'm not going to cry about a woman who doesn't want me. you tell yourself.

You get up and start putting everything back in their place. You'll admit that you want to know why your mother left but you weren't going to cry about it. You met amazing people in your life. You're not going to wonder about a mother who didn't want you. Julie has been more of a mother to you than your real one.