|70| My Star

"Either talk or I'm walking away," you mention as you grab your straw from the smoothie you ordered and spin it around.

Kiyoko, Julie's little sister, is also playing with the straw but instead of spinning it around like you are, she's raising it and lowering it as if she was stabbing her drink. "I'm surprised you decided to meet with me." 

"Well, I don't want to be surprised by being pushed down the stairs," you comment with a friendly smile. "Plus, if you want to put me down by my weight, looks, fashion, grades or even my mental health... You can go right ahead. It won't get to me." You promise.

"A lot of people say that," Kiyoko mentions as she looks at you while leaving her straw alone and leaning back into her chair. She gets comfortable as if she has the upper hand. "Yet there's alway that doubt in the back of a person's mind. But let me ask, what were your thoughts when you cut your wrist?" She ask with a sweet smile.

You look at her, finding it hard to believe that she's Julie's little sister but her green eyes are just the same. Not to mention that her attitude shouldn't be the same as Julie's. Her sister left when she was just a child.

"If you're expecting me to say something like how I regretted it or how I had my life flash before my eyes, then we'll be here forever," you answer honestly. "My last thoughts were how peaceful things would be. But I lived," you shrug like it was nothing as it's all in the past. It's behind you. "But at least my pain was towards myself and not anyone else."

"What?" Kiyoko questions as she leans forward, wondering if she heard you correctly.

You shrug once again as you look at your smoothie and then back at her. "I mean, if I had an older sister who left and went AWOL, I certainly wouldn't have targeted the family she made but maybe went to therapy for the abandonment issue," you explain as you take a sip of your smoothie.

"What would you know?" She ask. "You're nothing more--"

"I would suggest you be careful with your next words, Myoga." You warn. "Nothing you say can hurt me because I have people that love and care about me deeply. And they don't do well when I'm insulted." And you're talking mainly about kusuo who doesn't know about this meeting but you're sure he will and won't be happy.

"Is that a threat?" she ask.

"A promise," you smile. Kiyoko opens her mouth as her hand grabs the drink she has but you were quick to interrupt. "I can sit here and insult you if I wanted." You inform her. "I can say many things that would hurt you then you could. Your words won't get to me. They can't. I've been through a lot already and I'm healing from it. I have help because not only is it given to me, I am accepting it and reaching for it. You won't put me down but I can put you down. You're already angry and you seem to have some issues which I can poke deeper on. We can either be civil or are we really going to act like seven year old girls that are crushing on the same guy?"

"You took my sister from me," she accuses, revealing parts of her feelings.

"I didn't take her. She left," you remind her which pissed Kiyoko. "You can't blame me for something that was out of my control."

"She stayed because of you." She spites. "If it weren't you, she would be at home and--"

"Me? She stayed for Stella. For her daughter who she wanted to give a good life. I just so happen to be another lost child she found the need to take care of." You defend as you look away from her to find Kusuo in the background, sitting on a table with a meal in front of him. 

You wanted to laugh, of course he's here. You knew he'll find out but you thought you may have had the chance to tell him about it but the things about having a psychic boyfriend is that they can be full of surprised.