|13| Won't Let Go Of Your Hand

"(Name)?" Stella says as she was sitting on the ground while drawing a picture on the little table while you were in the kitchen making her dinner.

"Yes?" you ask from the kitchen.

"That pink hair guy, do you like him?" she ask you which made you stop cooking for a second but you got right back to it.

"He's a good friend of mine," you tell her.

"Really?" she ask and you hum. "(Name), why do you not love Alex anymore?" she ask.

You quickly finish up and put the meal aside so that it can cool off. You then walk to the living room where you see her colouring. She looks at you. You walk to her and sit down next to her, "Can you give me your hand?" you ask as you put your hand out.

She places her hand on yours. You gently takes it and place it a little over your chest where she can feel your heart beat, "Can you feel that?" you ask her. She nods, "Now feel yours," you tell her and she does. "Can you tell me what you feel from yours to mine?" you ask her.

"My hear goes boom boom boom but yours goes boom... boom... boom... really slowly," she answers.

"Yes..." you say with a sad smile, "My heart will go boom boom boom really fast or really slow. Sometimes it can be like yours but it's not going to be perfect," you tell her.

"Why?" she ask.

"Because my heart has a problem. Do you know why I can't play with you for a long time nor carry you? Or why I don't carry heavy things in my bag or walk for a long time?" you ask her.

"Mommy says it's because you have a weak and very delicate body. Like a flower!" she says which made you giggle.

"Yes. Like a flower..." you say as that smile on your face goes away, "Stella, I'm very weak and sick. I can easily be broken like a flower. I can't go out and be like the other girls because of it. I can't even watch a bad movie as the surprise of a jump-scare can cause me to have an attack in my chest," you tell her.

"I don't get it. Does it hurt you?" she ask and you nod.

"Yes, it's hurts a lot and one day, I'm going to have to go," you tell her which made her hug you.

"I don't want you to go. I wanna be with you," she says and you just gently run your fingers through her hair.

"... I know but that's only because you have a big and beautiful, kind heart. Not everyone is like that. Because I couldn't be normal and because my heart couldn't go Boom Boom Boom like every other girl, Alex didn't want to be with me but with a princess who's heart can go Boom Boom Boom," you tell her.

"Alex is mean. He's no prince. He's a bad man for hurting you," Stella says hugging you a little tighter. You hug her back and give her a peck on the forehead.

"But I'm okay. Now, come on, food is ready. We don't want it to get cold. I need to put you to bed," you tell her.

"Okay!" she says with a smile that made you smile.

.

.

.

"(Name)," you hear a little whisper along with your shoulder being shaken a little. You slowly open your eyes to see Stella sleeping soundly in your arm. You look to your side to see Julie, Stella's mother. "Honey, you're shaking a little. I got you some warm clothes for you to put on," she says as she knows a lot about your health.

"What time is it?" you ask her as you gently get your arm off Stella and sit on the bed.

"It's eleven, almost midnight. I'm sorry to have come home so late," she says but you shake your head as you let out a yawn.