Chapter 106

After my second red cup, I somehow managed to get up the stairs with the crowd around me, hoping I'd find Jacob, but with no luck, I quickly locked myself in the bathroom which seems to be the only place I can breathe. 

I look at the slightly smudged mascara under my eyes before grabbing a q-tip, wetting it under the sink, and wiping away the mess. I take a deep breath, adjust my dress, and open the door slowly to an empty upstairs floor and a crowded downstairs. 

My feet take me slowly toward Miles's bedroom door, it's slightly open to my surprise and the darkness inside invites me to peek into the room.

"Miles?" I breathe, but it's not loud enough for anyone to hear me. I glance at the small bedside clock on Miles's black nightstand to see that it's five minutes past midnight. I gulp, maybe I'm too late. I step into the room.

"Miles?" I say again, except this time it's much louder coming from my lips. I stare at his bedroom, letting the silk sheets wrap themselves between my fingers feels like him, everything in this house feels like him—everything feels like him, and I'm sick of getting haunted by everything dark in my surroundings.

"Madison?" I hear Hayden's voice ring in through the room and I quickly turn around.

"Something wrong?" he asks and I shake my head.

"No, I'm fine." I lie and his big lips smile at me. He runs his dark fingers through his pitch-black hair before his brown eyes shift to look into mine.

"You sure?" He says through his lips. 

Even though he's approaching closer, I'm not intimidated, even though I know what he used to do, he's not intimidating anymore now that I know the truth and how much regret he's filled with.

"Yeah." My eyes scan the random tattoos covering both of his arms from shoulder to wrist.

 They're not cluttered on his dark skin, instead, they lie on his skin as all kinds of scribbles, colors, and writings, almost something you'd see graffitied on an old house.

"Want to come down for a drink? Staying up here alone isn't exactly what you do at parties." He chuckles and I giggle at his words before nodding. 

He gives me one last smile before we both head to the door.

"Strippers!" someone calls from downstairs and my stomach immediately begins to churn, making me feel physically sick.

"You okay?" Hayden asks and I nod even though I want to throw up my nerves. 

The small arrow tattoo above his left cheekbone stares at me as his eyes scan my face.

"I'll mix you a good drink." He says and I nod as he rushes downstairs and I trail slowly behind him. I'm not sure how to feel, the whole time I wanted to come here to see the real Miles, but now that I have the chance to, I'm not sure I want to anymore. 

My feet take me to the kitchen and the music stops which somehow makes me feel worse as if I'm exposed somehow. 

Both of Hayden's shiny diamond earrings greet me as he hands me a cup with pink liquid swimming around in it.

"What is this?" I ask.

"Strawberry vodka lemonade . . . a girly drink." He chuckles and I nod before taking a sip of the sweet liquid.

"How is it?" he asks and I smile.

"It's good." I giggle. The music comes on again but it's different, it's relaxed and slowed down with slower beats and it's coming from upstairs. 

I manage to hear the sound for a few seconds before someone screams, "The king is officially getting a lap dance!" and the music returns back to normal with quiet beats traveling from the relaxed music upstairs.