Chapter 130

"I'm sorry," I say as soon as I sit down next to Jacob in his shiny Ferarri.

"It's cool." He says, reversing out of the hotel parking lot as fast as he can. The last thing I remember was falling asleep on Miles's bare chest, but when I woke up, he was gone, as if everything had been a nightmare and we hadn't gotten back together. 

I walked out of the hotel room, hoping Jacob was still at the parking lot, and to my surprise, he was right where I left him. 

I wasn't sure how to express to him just how sorry I was and the only words that came out were a simple '"I'm sorry.'" And after being with Miles, I know that 'sorry' doesn't fix anything. It only makes it hurt more, but it's all I can offer Jacob. I don't know how to explain myself or where I'd even begin.

"You were with him, weren't you?" Jacob's voice is hurt as he stares out of the windshield, almost as if he's afraid to look me in the eye, but I'm more afraid of his stare than he could ever be of mine.

"Jacob—"

"So that's a 'yes.'" He breathes out.

"I waited in the parking lot all night while you were with him, right?" Jacob says, making it sound worse that it is. 

If I had known how it was going to end, if I had only known that Jacob would wait through the night for me to show up, I wouldn't have let Jacob witness it.

"Yes," I murmur, there's nothing I can say to change what happened.

"Jacob—"

"What will it take? What will it take for you to finally see how fucked up Miles is?"

"I know how he is, but I choose to stay."

"Oh, you're choosing the wrong thing, Madison." Jacob chuckles, finally looking at me. His blue eyes look darker, almost as dark as they did when he came to my dorm and peeked through the keyhole and watched me undress. 

The memory still haunts me and I feel a shiver of disgust run through my whole body as I stare back at those dark blue eyes.

"You'll find someone too, Jacob, it just . . . it won't be me," I explain and he shakes his head.

"Why does everyone fall for Miles? What does he have that the rest of us don't?" Jacob asks in a harsh tone that tells me there's nothing but hurt behind his every word.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. I don't know why everyone's so infatuated by Miles and why I wasn't. I don't understand why he is the way he is and why I can't stay away from his flame. And I will never understand why he's drawn to me instead of every other girl who was obsessed with him since they saw him. I don't know the answer to any of this. And the more Jace and Jacob press me for an answer, the more I realize that my answer doesn't matter. I love him and he loves me, that's all that matters, that's all that will ever matter no matter what hurdles, fights, or break-ups we have gone through or will go through. That's all that matters.

"You're just like every other girl that falls for him. They're all clueless about who he really is." Jacob fires back and I can't help my jaw from dropping slightly, my eyes are wide at his words, and hurt washes over me. 

Hearing these words from Jacob stuns me and the anger quickly starts to boil. I briefly find myself wishing that Miles was with me, knowing how he'd react, but if there's anything I've learned from being with Miles is to defend myself.

"And what is it that I don't know about Miles? Because I can bet you it's not that he's a fucking peeping tom, he doesn't try to steal your girlfriends away from you, and he definitely doesn't get angry at them with no right for being with their boyfriends!" I yell before taking off my seat belt which makes Jacob instantly slow down the car. 

He's just as surprised by my words as I am, but he's neither one of us is surprised by the real facts that have made up Jacob's odd behavior. I'm sick and tired of fighting to be with the person I love and want to be with. 

I open the door and rush out, slamming it shut as hard as I can. Jacob drives away as fast as he can, clearly in anger but I don't care. I'm sick and tired of the questioning. I look down at my feet as they stand right beside the road, before pulling out my phone and dialing Stephanie's number.

Miles's POV

I look at my feet as the warm water runs down my body and into the shower drain. 

Dropping Launa off was a fucking headache and I'd much rather have been in the car with madison. But I couldn't, I couldn't cause Llauna suspicion, I told her we were never dating and that I was too drunk to realize what was happening. 

And since Launa is now dating Hayden, I didn't want to fuck with telling her that she's nothing but a whore and that fucking her and dating her is never going to happen again. 

The last thing I need is for madison to end up in a hotel with Hayden where god knows what would be running through his head. Seeing her there back when we went on that stupid cabin trip gives me enough nightmares. 

I hear a knock on the door in the middle of my shower and I quickly turn to look at the door. The handle leans down but the door doesn't open.

"What the fuck?" I breathe at the door but get no answer, only another damn knock. I roll my eyes before turning off the warm water dripping onto my shoulders and heading toward the door. I quickly wrap a towel around my abdomen before opening the door. The coldness rushes in, unfogging the fogged mirror.

"Your mother." Valentina looks down at the floor and I clench my jaw as soon as I see 'my mother' walking up the stairs.

"Oh, for god's sakes Miles, put on some clothes." She says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm good," I smirk before leaving the bathroom and heading downstairs, my bitch of a mom and Valentina following.

"Have you thought about moving back in?" Pamela's eyes are now looking into mine with a sea of hope.

"Fuck no," I smirk and all of the hope is gone, missing as if never the fuck there.

"What the hell do you really want?" I bark and she looks down at the floor before her eyes peer at Valentina, telling her to get the fuck out. Valentina nods and slowly walks into the kitchen, far away from the bullshit that's about to spill.

"I want the last envelope." She says and I clench my jaw and ball my fists. Madison was the last envelope, the last money-stuffed envelope I received for taking something so precious away from her and now my mother wants to take it away from me.