Chapter 119

It's midnight and it's officially Christmas day. I didn't know how this day would go but with Miles's eyes staring right into mine as he lays next to me shirtless, I know it couldn't have gotten any better. Having him beside me makes my body tingle, it's almost as if every time he's around, my body senses him and is ready to succumb to his touch.

I smile at him. He glances over at the open door before standing up and closing it fully, making sure my sleeping mother won't hear anything. He lies back down, his muscles are hard, especially his chest, and seeing the 'V' on his lower stomach gives my body a rush. 

He leans into me right after licking his lips, his gaze is dull but his lips fully emerge into mine. His tongue dips into my mouth slowly, tasting me on its way inside my mouth. 

His lips are soft and wet as they caress mien and let our tongues roll around together. He comes closer, holds my lower stomach as his chest caresses mine, It's warm against my bare arms. His fingers nip at the small shirt I'm in. One of his hands goes into the pocket of his jeans but I close my eyes and don't pay attention.

"Merry Christmas, Madison." He takes his lips from mine. His tone is soft and his voice is raspy. I feel him dangle something at the side of my head and my eyes dart to the object. A small pearl necklace, the chain is so thin and so fragile, covered in light silver. 

The small pearl hangs beautifully at the very bottom of the necklace. I take the necklace from him and he gives me a small smile, gesturing for me to turn around and face the wall for him to put on the necklace. I've never seen anything as beautiful and fragile as this necklace and instantly it connects to my being somehow. 

Not only is it from Miles but it describes me perfectly and I never want to let it go.

"I love it, thank you." I smile as I watch the gorgeous pearl being placed on my neck, I look down to see Jace's necklace hovering on my chest, underneath my shirt. I look down at the wall and turn around to face Miles right after he finished clasping the necklace.

"Merry Christmas, Miles," I say, unhooking Jace's necklace and putting it under my pillow before giving Miles the most passionate kiss. He takes his lips from mine with confusion written over his soft features.

"Didn't you . . . are you sure you want to take that off?" He asks with surprised eyes.

"I'm sure."

"It means so much to you." He questions but I shake my head.

"Not anymore," I explain and a soft smile covers his lips.

"I'm sorry," I say, letting my eyes run to his ribs.

"It's fine." He shakes his head, clenching his jaw. It's unfair that Jace treated Miles this way but since it's Christmas, I want to let it go for Miles. I don't want to bombard him with questions about his bruised and hurting ribs, as if that already hasn't made his day worse.

"I have something for you too," I whisper as his dark eyes look into mine, they're silent and so are his features as if they're just admiring mine quietly.

"Oh do you?" His tone is raspy and enlaced with sleep as he reaches one of his hands under my shirt, his eyebrows raise up as his eyes study me. A smirk forms on his lips as his hand reaches further into my shirt. He licks his lips a touches my bare chest with his warm hands. He bites his lip, his gaze intensifies.

Miles's POV

My hand squeezes the softness of her breast as I massage it and draw circles over her nipples. She lets a small moan escape her lip and it's the hottest thing I have heard. 

Ever since we first started fucking, that sound is all I've wanted to hear since, and every time she succumbs, everything in me intensifies. After letting my tongue roll with hers, I pick her up and place her on top of me, never letting go of the gaze we're now holding.

"We can't." She whispers and I look to the side for a second with a clenched jaw before meeting her eyes again.

"Come on," I whisper, licking my lips as her eyes watch.

"My mom is in the other room." She whispers and just as she does, we hear the floor crack outside our room.

"Oh, shit." I laugh before placing her back down immediately. She pushes me onto the mattress but since I kicked it away last night, I end up falling on the floor and eventually, on my fucked up ribs.

"Fuck." I manage to breathe under my breath right before Angela walks in. Her face looks confused as she looks at the two of us and especially me.

"Why was the door closed?" she asks, but her tone isn't like I expected it to be, instead of judging, she's calm just like Madison is which makes me wonder how fucked up Peter must have been for someone like Angela to have pissed him off enough to leave.

"I, uh . . . Madison, um—" I try but stammer over my fucking words.

"We didn't want to wake you with our conversation." Madison saves us and Angela smiles.

"You won't wake me, keep it open next time." She smiles before heading off. I let out a deep breath before resting my head back on the damn floor. Madison looks over at the mattress but I roll my eyes.

"I'd rather be on the floor," I tell her and she giggles before pressing her feet against the cold floor. She rattles in some bag before pulling out a very badly wrapped gift.

"You don't like it?" she asks and I try not to laugh again.

"I do, I do, it, uh . . . did you drop this or something?" I ask as politely as I can and she frowns.

"No, I spent an hour wrapping it." She explains and I nod with a small smile.

"Well, in that case, it looks amazing." I chuckle and she swats my arm before sitting beside me and patiently waiting for me to open the damn thing. I give her a small smile before I let my fingers pull at the red wrapping paper with white snowmen on it. 

I tear the thing up to reveal a snowglobe with a couple holding hands in the middle staring right at me as the snow falls on top of them. 

The entire thing is made out of glass, white at the bottom and blue at the top. I glance around it to see that at the very bottom it's written 'Miles and Madison.'

It's so simple, and yet I'm getting emotional at the sight of the thing.