Chapter 171

Hey guys!! I'm listening 'stuck with you' and I'm s in love, writing this chapter was so much fun, it would be amazing if you guys would play this song while reading!! Happy readying, guys! <3 

I did everything to push him away. Everything. But now, I want him more than ever. I realize that I don't belong without him, I don't belong with anyone else. He stares up at me as we lay in my old and small bed, my mother is asleep and the darkness outside is oddly comforting. 

His eyes are darker than I remember, his features are soft and his tattoos are more mesmerizing and more capturing than I could remember. His fingers reach up to my hair to tuck a strand of it behind my ear. 

Light rain starts to sound outside and only now, right here, right now, I realize how much I care, how much I truly needed this, how much I'll always need this. 

Memories of us start to rush back to me, everything we've done, been through, everything. Everything. I feel my eyes holding back too many tears, from the time we first met, the way I saw him, the way his eyes caught me to the cabin we all visited, it was my first time, our first time. All the fights we went through, all the sadness, the heartache, it's all a part of us, and it's all a part of my life and my future, I want it to be a part of my future, for the rest of my life.

"Miles . . ." I finally break the silence that has been swimming so peacefully between us with the darkness both inside and outside and with nothing but a cold breeze traveling in under the door as we listen to the rain and spot each other's eyes, holding the gaze.

"I don't care, you know . . . if you don't want to—" He stops me, his thumb on my lips. My hand reaches to hold his, it's warm, much warmer than mine and I feel secure, so secure, so safe. I know that he doesn't want to hear the words but even though I want to say them, I know he understands them through me, through my eyes. I don't need to communicate them to him, he's completely intertwined with me.

"I know." He finally says through his hard tone that makes my eyelids feel heavier. 

The thought of him, seeing him and hearing him, having him so close to me makes my heart beat faster. 

I start to feel weak and I want them to hold me somehow, I want him to merge with me, I want him more than my body is able to let me feel but the feeling is strange, addicting and so freeing at the same time. It's like I crave him but somehow can't fill the craving.

"I want to be here . . . forever, just like this, me and you, Madison." Mile whisper, as his thumb strokes my cheek.

"It's only you for me, for the rest of my life." He whispers the words that I've heard once before but they're just as sweet to hear even though now is the first time I'm able to admit that to myself. 

The words play like a violin in my ears because I know they're true. My fingers fumble on his and I slowly let them slide down his arm to hold the back of his neck.

"Why did you leave for New York?" I ask him, my mouth needing to get questions out for my brain.

"I needed to get away, even if it was just for a little while." He whispers to me and I nod, his hand still holding my face.

"But now I know that what I was trying to really get away from was myself." Miles finishes and then parts his lips again, "Because I need you Madison, and I always will." He says and I nod as we look at each other, our gaze intensifying with every second passing.

"Are you sure you want to come today?" I ask him, knowing that my mother's offer yesterday probably didn't excite Miles since his last appearance in church wasn't the greatest.