Chapter 142

"I . . . I don't have a swimsuit." I tell Miles as I stand at the top of the stairs, my phone in my hands. It took me a few minutes to try to forget my mother's word and even though the pain is still lingering, something about seeing Miles, washes it all away, as if there was never pain there.

"Oh, Okay." He nods. I expected him to offer me some of the swimsuits he's bound to have left from the number of girls he's stayed with, but he doesn't, instead, as if he too doesn't want me to be just like any other girl he has stayed with.

"But you have to promise to get a bikini." Miles smiles deviously but I roll my eyes before passing him and gabbing the keys out of his hands. 

The Lamborghini waits parked perfectly in the small blizzard outside and I attempt to click the keys but before I can, Miles takes them out of my hands.

"That's my job." He smiles that Miles smile. I smile as a reflex before he clicks the key and the car follows his command and unlocks. 

He looks at the driver's seat for a second and it's as if we both remember his broken foot.

"Should I—" I say at the same time as he says,

"You should—" We both awkwardly smile at each other before he throws me the keys and sits in the front passenger seat instead. Miles clenches his jaw as he looks at me entering the car, his eyes scanning over my body. 

I look into his eyes briefly but the gaze is so intense that I end up qucikly looking away. I sit down in the driver's seat, trying t remember how to drive Miles's Lamborghini.

"Here, babe." He says, showing me how to turn the car, which is always confusing. His tanned hand holds the gear before putting it into reverse.

"Press the gas pedal." He tells me and as soon as I do, the car goes flying backward which makes me wonder how Miles is able to press it as hard as he does and still be able to control the car.

 Miles's hand shifts the gear to drive and I press the gas pedal to help me get down the driveway. The big driveway still impresses me with the trees surrounding the flowy road that leads us to the main road.

"Do you know the way to the mall?" He asks sweetly, and I hear no judgment in his voice. I shake my head and he gives me a small smile.

"Turn right here, babe." He says, pointing at a small exit on the very end of the road. I look into every mirror, making sure there are no cars before turning onto the exit.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER we have finally made it to the mall's parking lot. 

The mall is much bigger than I remember from going there with Chrissy. I glance at the Target next to the mall and shivers run through me. That was the first time I met Hayden, and one of the times I was kept in the dark. Miles holds my hand as we enter the mall and we're instantly greeted by a woman's smile.

"Care to try some cottage cheese?" She asks her red lips shining through the words. The small booth she's in is packed full of products and samples of cottage cheese. Miles scoffs before saying, "No thanks." And continuing to walk past, leaving the woman's expression to look sad.

"I'd love to try some." I smile at her and she qucikly revives her smile. I hear Miles huff and glance at him only to see him roll his eyes and approach me.

"So we have a few variations . . ." The woman continues but I can't focus on the different types of cottage cheese, all I can focus on is Miles approaching, his cologne traveling into my nostrils and his hand slowly placing itself on the side of my stomach. His grip is firm against my body and electricity starts to shoot from the area of his hand.