Chapter 95

"Two hot dogs and fries on the side," Jacob says to the lady standing next to us. She's holding our menus and even though I didn't particularly find anything I wanted, I'm glad Jacob ordered for me. The last thing on my mind is what I should order.

"You got it hon." The woman says, winking at Jacob before walking away with our menus. My eyes stay on her as she walks into the kitchen and talks to the man who I assume to be the 'chef'.

"So . . ." Jacob says and my eyes dart right at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. I don't know how I'm feeling, I haven't known for the past forty-eight hours and it doesn't help when everyone seems to be asking me the only question I don't have the answer to.

"I don't know," I admit, barely keeping eye-contact, it's already hard as it is to talk to Jacob and now that he's asking me something so personal—something that he isn't allowed to ask me, I don't know how to react. He should be apologizing for the hurt he's caused me and every other girl he has lied to, but instead, he's asking me how I'm feeling as if he had nothing to do with my broken heart.

"Listen Madison . . . I'm sorry, I really am." He breathes and I can see that the words are heavy on him. I know he cares, but he doesn't care enough for my heart to be re-built if it ever can be.

"I know," I say, my voice low but sturdy. The hurt has been eating at me for the past two days.

"No, Madison, you don't get it. I am so sorry, I haven't been able to think about anything else but you, I tried to find you at the dorm but you weren't there—"

"Why would I be there?"

"I . . . I don't know." He stammers.

"if you were so desperate why didn't you say anything that night?" I ask, looking down at the dark blue rug on the table.

"I—"

"Here you go, sweetie." The woman says, handing Jacob the two hot dogs and fries. She ignores me, gives Jacob a smile, and walks away.

"Madison, if there's anything I can do, and I mean anything, I'll do it." He says, looking into my eyes.

"I want you and Miles to stay away from me," I say. The thought of never seeing Miles near me again is haunting but there's no other way out. Miles has hurt Jace countless of times and I can't take it anymore.

"Okay then." Jacob nods.

"Madison—" he tries, reaching his hand closer to mine.

"Don't." I snap my hand away, he has no right. I chuckle and Jacob's eyes dart to mine instantly.

"You said you would fight for me . . . and all this time, you were only fighting for me to stay with you, so you could win." I chuckle again and this time I shake my head and stand up.

"You lied to me . . . you lied when I trusted you the most." I breathe.

"And you're wrong . . . I don't need to hear your side, you don't deserve that." I say harshly, looking into his crystal blue eyes before turning on my heel and heading towards the door.

Miles's POV

"For the last fucking time. Where the fuck is she?!" I yell at Stephanie whose eyes haven't gotten any smaller since I told her about what happened.

"I don't believe you." She shakes her head.

"All of this time, I thought—I thought you were ignoring me because you wanted to forget your past. And now I find out that you're re-living your past, and with Madison as one of the girls whose lives got ruined because of you." She breathes, looking at me in disbelief. 

I roll my eyes at her and threaten, "I warned you that this was the last time I was asking, you wanted to know why, now you do, so—" I say but she shakes her head.

"Forget it, I'm not telling you anything. Chrissy might have been on your side, but I will never be." She says flatly, attempting to turn around but I stop her, grabbing her by the arm. 

She looks at me, her eyes disapproving as she rips herself out of my grip and walks away.

"Fuck!" I yell but no one can hear me over the fucking bass. I look at Stephanie as she walks further into the crowd before I smirk and hurry out the door. 

I need to find Jacob, and If I know that son of a bitch, he couldn't have taken her too far. The engine roars as I turn it on. I press the gas pedal and roar out of the parking lot, tires screeching and white smoke forming around my Lambo. 

I speed onto the main road, my eyes quickly shift to the seat beside me. The whiskey bottle looks back at me and before I know it, it's out the window.

"I'm ready to do whatever it takes for you, Maison." I breathe as I watch the road traveling under me faster than I can comprehend. 

I watch the stores beside me as I speed through but something catches my eye, just as I'm about to speed faster. I come to a violent halt before driving into the small parking lot.

"What the fuck?" I breathe as I walk outside.

"Madison?" I ask and she looks right at me.

"What are you—" I stop as soon as I see him—that fucker.

"I can't fucking believe you." I breathe as the two of them stand there, looking at me. I approach Jacob closer and before he can stop me, I punch him right across the face. 

Madison gasps and the look in her eyes is more than disapproving, but I don't care. I smirk and hit Jacob again, this time with even more force for all of the times he fucked me up and for fucking up with what Madison and I had.

"Miles stop!" Madison screams but I can't hear her. All I can hear is Jacob's blood spilling onto my hands. Jacob unexpectedly swings his fist at me just when I was about to stop.

"You son of a bitch." I breathe and pounce back at him. Jacob tries everything he can to fly his fists at me, some of the landings at my stomach and my jaw. Light rain starts to fall on top of us. The blood, bruises and rain mixed together bring me back to when Jacob and I used to do this almost every night and it wasn't just Jacob, but everyone who got in my way.

"Stop!" Madison yells, approaching closer but I can't stop and neither can Jacob. We're not both on the ground, smashing at each other's heads. As I raise a fist I head a small 'ouch' and quickly turn around.

"Madison!" I yell, rushing by her side as she's sitting on the wet ground. The small raindrops continue to pour on top of us, getting more rapid with each second passing. 

Madison holds her nose for a few seconds before parting her lips, "I feel dizzy." She closes her eyes and falls onto the pavement ut I quickly catch her head.

"Madison!" I yell again and this time Jacob rushes over, worry spread across his face.

"What the fuck did you do?" He asks and I clench my jaw. It takes everything in me not to punch the shit out of him.

"I'm taking her home," I say, lifting her up and making sure her head is steady on my shoulder.

"Don't kid yourself, Miles. You don't need to take her anywhere, you're not rescuing her." Jacob sighs, attempting to take her from me.

"Back the fuck off!" I shout.

"Fine, but don't expect me to just give up, she was mine too," Jacob says, his tone serious as his eyes search mine and before I can say a word, he disappears into the night.