Chapter 96

Miles's POV

The smell of Madison's perfume lingers as I look at here there on the passenger seat next to me. She's placed perfectly on the leather seat and the seatbelt is protecting her and so am I. 

My hand holds her head from completely falling. I watch the light rain tapping on the windshield and through it I see bright red light shining through. 

The windshield wipers wipe away the rain and I stop at the red light—something I don't remember doing before. Speeding through red lights has become a habit and so has paying the price of speeding tickets—when they catch me that is. But with Madison next to me like this, I can't speed, I need to protect her. Another car stops behind me and I roll my eyes.

"How long is this damn light on anyway?" I breathe to myself, staring at the taunting red.

"Come on," I repeat to myself and as soon as the orange light comes on, I speed out. The tires screech and I'm too far from the other car. 

I let a smirk play on my lips but quickly remember that Madison is right here with me. I slow down as I drive into the WSU parking lot.

"Alright, come on Madison," I say before opening her car door and grabbing her into my arms.

 Her head leans down but I push it back to my shoulder and her arm swings itself around my neck. I stop for a moment, I haven't felt her like this in too long. 

I carry her into the hall and I can't help but let out a breath when I realize it's empty. I open the door to Stephanie's dorm but it's locked. I sigh before looking at Madison's peach dress, hoping to find a key. 

I finally spot a small pocket in the dress and put my hand through it but it only leads me to her underwear. I breathe and shake my head with a smile as I lean my head backward. 

I can't believe what a tease she is even unconscious.

"What's so funny?" I hear in the hallway and quickly turn my head only to see Stephanie.

"Nothing," I state flatly.

"What happened?" Stephanie practically screams at the sight of Maison and her now bleeding nose. I clench my jaw.

"It's nothing, she got hurt—"

"Did you hurt her?" She asks and I breathe in.

"On accident," I explain. It's not her fucking business to know any of this shit.

"Miles—"

"I need this," I admit, not making eye contact as I stare at the door to her dorm.

"I—" She starts but I look at her.

"Please," I say with dull and uninterested eyes.

"Fine. But if you hurt her, I will kill you." She says with serious eyes and I nod before she approaches the door and unlocks it with her key.

"And I'm serious, no funny business." She says one last time and I roll my eyes before shutting the door in her face with my foot. I lay Madison down on her bed before grabbing a water bottle out of a small fridge.

"Madison?" I ask, hoping she can hear me.

"What happened?" She asks, her voice barely audible as she tries to stand up.

"No, Madison, lay down," I say, pushing her down lightly and keeping two pillows under her head as I sit there beside her.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally hurt—"

"It's okay." She murmurs.

"No it's not, and I've done you so wrong, Madison. You don't deserve any of this, you don't deserve how fucked up I am." I breathe, looking into her sweet hazel eyes that look almost light brown in the darkness.

"I know, but I don't regret being with you." She says, her voice sweet.

"W . . . what?" I stammer.

"I wouldn't take any of it back, no matter how hurt I am."

"You wouldn't?" I ask. I didn't expect her words and now that they're there, I feel even more pain knowing that this sweet girl was hurt because of me and she wouldn't take it back.

"No." She smiles and her nose starts to bleed even more.

"Oh, uh, here." I quickly scramble for a tissue and hand it to her.

"Is there any way you'd forgive me? I ask.

"I don't know." She answers and my heart is crushed.

"I'll do anything, whatever it takes and I mean it, anything for you to take me back, just one last chance," I say desperate and she looks at me with those cute eyes.

"Okay . . ." She looks at me before continuing, "I want you to find your peace and . . . get rid of your sins—all of the bad things you're holding on to."

"What? Like with god or something?" I ask unsure.

"Yeah." She says quietly with a nod of her head.

"Fine," I say and mean it. 

Whatever it takes, I'll do it.