Chapter 109

After a few hours of driving, I look at Miles with wide eyes.

"What about your dad?" I ask him ad he almost scoffs.

"He can wait, I'm not even sure I want to meet him." He looks at me with a smile, placing his hand on my thigh as he speeds through the main road and all of the different green signs above us. His response is too kind which almost makes me laugh. 

I know he's trying to change for me and be all of the things I need but forcing himself to be better in every aspect isn't going to work.

"I know," I say, my fingers intertwining with his as his other hand drives the car.

"But you don't need to pretend that you're okay with your mother's offer," I tell him and he offers me a sweet but small smile.

"I'm sorry, I just—"

"Thank you," I say, not needing to hear the words. He gives me a smile as his dark eyes look into mine.

"Why are we going to Ohio?" I ask him, feeling like a five-year-old who never runs out of questions. I glance at the road ahead as I wait for his response.

"I thought you wanted to . . . you know, before Christmas or some shit." He says and then looks at me with a smirk.

"But if you don't want to . . ." He turns the car around abruptly.

"Then we can go back too." He smirks and I smile at him, my hair tangled all over my face after the sudden U-turn. I look at his dark eyes, dark eyebrows, pink lips, and dark brown hair, all of which remind me of just how dangerously bad he is. 

The mystery that has always surrounded him is still there and now I crave it like never before.

"I want to . . . I want to go to Ohio." I smile and he smirks before his hand quickly turns the wheel back. He presses the gas pedal and with white smoke coming from the back of the car he turns around and screeches back onto the main road.

"I think you should drive." He says with a small smirk and I look at all of the different buttons that confused me earlier before shaking my head.

"Come here babe, it'll be fine." He says before slowing down, driving onto the slow lane, making sure no one is behind us, and quickly unplugging my seat belt. 

His hand reaches to me as I look at him, unsure of how to feel or what to say.

"It'll be okay babe." He says and I give him a small smile before reaching to him and climbing onto his lap. He slides his chair further back and lets me sit on the seat as his legs are spread apart.

"Here." He says from behind me as he guides both of my hands on the steering wheel before whispering into my ear, "I got you."

The words run through me like a strong shiver and I slowly press my foot on the gas pedal.

"See, you got this." His raspy voice lets out and I press harder onto the gas pedal, letting the car glide over the main road. I finally get the hang of it and my muscles relax and I finally understand this complicated car.

"You know, you're the first girl I've let drive my car." He says and I smile even though he can't see. His hands rest on my thighs before they reach up to my hands.

"We've got to turn here." He says, his hands guiding me to drive onto the right lane and down a small hill.

"But this is a town—" I say confused before looking at him.

"I thought we could grab lunch." He smiles and I nod before leaning into him and touching his lips with mine. His tongue enters my mouth slowly before both of our tongues swirl around each other and finally detaching.

"I'd love to," I say over my grumbling stomach.

A WAITER HANDS us our menus and I find myself scanning over every sentence to find a hamburger. I didn't know I was this hungry and the idea of having a hamburger and fries in front of me makes me even more hungry. 

Miles orders the same before giving the waiter the menus back and looking right at me a little nervous almost.

"So, uh, Christmas . . . do you have plans?" He raises a brow, his voice raspy.

"Yeah I . . . I do." I say, and he looks down at the table.

"Oh—" I stop him.

"I was going to spend it with you." I smile.

"How does Ohio sound?" I say with a small giggle.

"Perfect." He licks his lips as his gaze gets stronger. I can almost feel the electricity he's giving me.

"Your meal." The waiter says, giving me a smile.

"Yo!" Miles says and the waiter quickly stops looking at me and turns his attention on Miles and so do I. Miles clears his throat after looking at me and gives the waiter a small smile.

"Can you, uh, get us more water?" He says and I giggle as I look at the full bottle he just brought over.

"Oh, of . . . of course." The waiter stammers before leaving. The burgers finally arrive and so does the extra water Miles asked for.

"So what about the name . . . you never told me—" He stops me.

"I'm sorry, I should have . . . I'm just . . . I guess I'm not used to someone like you." He explains and I look at him confused until he part his lips again to say, "I never thought I'd need to say that name again." He admits, looking down at his food.

"What do you mean?" I ask searching his expressionless face.

"My dad gave me that name, it's his, David Storm. My mom, she uh, she . . . didn't want to marry him, but my dad did everything to give me his name, and ever since he turned into the bastard he is today, I've wanted nothing but to forget that name and him with it." Miles says as he clenches his jaw. I place my hand on his and offer him a small smile.

"You don't have to escapeanything, whatever you've gone through, is what has made you, into you and Iwouldn't want to change who you are," I say in an almost whisper and I cansee a small smile forming on his lips.