Chapter 144

Hi everyone!! thank you for reading, I just wanted to tell you guys that this chapter (up until chapter 147) might be a little offensive/sensitive so if you don't deal well with certain topics, I'd recommend avoiding those chapters)

 The rain taps outside as the warm shower water falls onto my head and down my bareback. Being with Miles always has its challenges but every struggle with him is worth it when he touches me as he does. 

He knows my body better than I do—better than I ever have. I remember the lessons my middle school teachers gave the class including me and Jace about discovering and getting to know your own body. It was always so uncomfortable to me, I didn't want to 'explore' my own body, but now, Miles is showing me all of the things I can feel with him, and we're exploring each other, together. 

The thought of him having been with over a hundred girls makes my stomach churn but I quickly brush away the thought, I knew Miles and I were different—I've known ever since our eyes first met and I chose this, knowing what I know, I chose it in the beginning and I've chosen it now, no matter how different our differences are. I rinse through my hair with the only shampoo I found in Miles's small bathroom cabinet and oddly enough, it smells like girl shampoo which makes my stomach twist and turn again. 

Remembering the look Rebecca gave him at the mall and her mention Of Chrissy's swimsuits are making my head spin with thoughts and by the time I reach the door after getting dressed, my thoughts are slowly killing me.

"Are you . . . okay?" Miles asks as soon as I open the door and my feet hit the black floor outside of the bathroom.

"I'm fine." I muster a smile, remembering Rebecca's look again.

"I figured we could grab something to eat?" He says, his chest bare as he wipes his wet hair with a small black towel. I nod at him and he gives me a smile before telling me he'll first put a shirt on. The thoughts from before start to race in my head again as I gaze down the stairs but as soon as I feel Miles's touch behind me, everything disappears and it's just me and him.

"You ready babe?" He asks and I nod at his raspy and cool tone. He takes my hand and leads me down the tall stairs and before I know it, we're in his black Lamborghini. The smell of him lingers in the thin air of the car.

"It's been raining for a few days now," I say as I stare at the harsh droplets falling on the windshield in front of us.

"I like this kind of weather much more than anything else." He says and I look at his dark hazel eyes that look so peaceful with the rain and darkness around us.

"Why?" I simply ask him and he gives me a side smile before shrugging.

"There's just something about the rain, especially at night, when I feel most who I am." He says and I nod even though his eyes are fixed on the road. I don't understand Miles most of the time but yet, what he says makes so much sense somehow even if I don't fully understand it in the moment.

"Where do you want to eat?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't know," I answer, my eyes are mesmerized by the rain outside and I know that there will have to be a storm tonight with this many clouds and this much pouring rain. 

Miles thinks for a quick second before turning back to me, "I know a great place, Crystal's burgers." He says and I give him a small smile and I nod. The only food places I've gotten to know are cherry's, Starbuck, and a few burger places Jacob once took me to. 

My mother never had enough money to buy something like that for us and it's still odd to me that Miles can spend so much money on food he could easily cook at home with his surprisingly good cooking skills.

"They don't kid when they say when it rains, it pours," Miles says after opening the door and stepping outside. I didn't even realize we had already arrived, the rain was so haunting that I lost track of time. I quickly follow him out of the car and he lost it with a click of his key. 

We approach a wooden door with a big 'C' on it.

"Are you sure this is the place?" I ask Miles and he shrugs before knocking harshly on the locked door.

"Hello?" An older man with a bearded smile at us.

"Is this Crystal's?" Miles asks and the man raises a brow with a small and very odd smile.

"Oh, Crystal's, wow, man." The man breathes and takes off his hat.

"Yeah, it, uhum, it's right there over the corner, just keep walking straight and then take a small left turn." He explains and I give him a small smile while Miles's eyes are interrogating something about the man's words.

"There's even a sign there." I point to the flashy 'Crystal's sign a little further from us. And before Miles can stop me, I head toward the sign, rapidly approaching the hidden building and the flashing neon sign.

Miles's POV

Madisons runs from me at the fucking stupid 'Crystal's sign and instead of stopping her, all I can do is stand here, next to this stupid hillbilly that clearly enjoys the place more than anyone else.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I breathe as I look around for some solution since my feet literally don't fucking budge to chance after her.

"Someone is eager to get to the juicy food." The hillbilly says and I roll my eyes before murmuring a quick, "fuck off." And finally managing to chase after her, but I'm too late, the rain has taken over our surroundings, making her seem much closer than she actually is. 

And just like in that car race, I fucked up, I have fucked up and I'm screwed with no way out this time. I finally catch up to her but she's already inside, everything feels so fucking slow motion—so fucking out of my control. 

I enter the damn place with her and I can see that she's more than surprised at what she's seeing, her eyes are wide and her face is enlaced with pure and utter fucking horror.

"Hi, Miles. It's so good to see you back, baby." The whore I fucked about a hundred times says.

 Madison will never fucking forgive me, not this time.