Chapter 86

Miles's POV

I stare at the bottle in my hand as I watch the same fucking road where Hayden drove away with my girl—my fucking girl. I've been standing here for what feels like an eternity and yet, I don't want to move, I want to hurt—I deserve to be hurt.

"Fuck!" I scream, smashing the bottle on the pavement, I hope that son of a bitch gets his tires fucked up. My feet lazily take me back inside of the shithole Hayden calls 'home.'

"Hey Miles." I hear a sweet voice call, I turn around to see Rebecca.

"Fuck off." I huff before getting a bottle out of Hayden's 'no, no' cabinet.

"Oh come on, don't you miss what we used to have?" she asks, biting her lips as I look over at her with dull and uninterested eyes. 

She takes my hand in hers and before I know it, she lets my veiny hand travel down her neck and to her chest and then down her ass.

"As I said, I'm not interested." I huff and walk up the wooden stairs lazily. The whole place is lit up more than it needs to be and the only thing I want to do is a party this whole house down.

"Actually, you know what? I'd love to Rebecca." I smirk and walk down the stairs slowly.

"Everyone! Let's get this shit fucked up!" I yell with a smirk and everyone screams back, partying even harder.

"I'll be back." I wink at Rebecca and she nods, waiting patiently in the kitchen like a dog.

"You didn't have to hurt her like that you know," Jacob states as soon as I walk down into the shitty basement.

"Oh don't be such a bitch, Jacob. We both know she deserved it." I say, hurting myself more than him. Jacob begged me to stop those fucking games, but I couldn't, I was hooked, hooked on the feeling of being these girls' first and being in control of their every feeling, every thought—everything. Their lives revolved around me and I took money for it. 

After the tie, I tried to distract myself by cheating on Chrissy every other night, telling myself that I technically won. But deep down, I knew I didn't, I knew I needed more, and when I saw her that night, in that white bra, I couldn't get her out of my head.

"You hurt her—" Jacob says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm the one that fell for a fucking nun, I'm the one hurting if anything," I smirk and Jacob looks away.

"But do you want to know something, Jacob?" I smirk, approaching closer and taking a look into his stupid eyes.

"Every time, every single time, her body ached, oh it ached Jacob. But it wasn't for you, it was for me, and she loved it—" I'm stopped by his hands, pushing me against the wall.

"Don't want me to continue?" I threaten with a chuckle but he slams me harder against the wall.

"Fuck you!" He yells before his fist punches me right across the fucking face, I slide down the wall, my feet barely able to hold me from the alcohol I've consumed. Jacob walks out, leaving me completely alone in this fucked up gray basement.

Madison's POV

"Madison?" Miles calls and yet again, I'm reminded of his words 'I love you.' Those same words have haunted me ever since I heard them and now, ten hours later, I'm exactly where I started.

"Madison." I hear again, and this time, I wake up. I want to cry, knowing that it wasn't Miles's voice but when I open my eyes and I smile.

"Jace." I breathe and then my eyes go wide, realizing all of my clothes are in the corner. I tug the sheets closer to me and give him a frantic smile as he sits on the bed next to me.

"How did you get in? How did you find--" I ask, shaking my head and he smiles, his gray eyes looking into mine.

"The door was unlocked, and your location was below your text." He answers with a small chuckle and I nod, I still don't know how to navigate the phone and I don't want to. It was a gift from Jacob to get me closer to him. The thought runs through me, repelling everything in my being.

"Right." I breathe with a smile before looking at the pile of clothes in the corner.

"Uh . . . Jace?" I say and he smiles.

"Something wrong?" he asks and I shake my head.

"I need new clothes, I kind of . . . ruined mine," I answer and he looks at me confused before finally standing up.

"Oh, okay, of course, we can go to Target if you want to?" he suggests but I shake my head.

"I'm not . . . . I'm not wearing . . . anything," I say and his eyes go wide before he turns around.

"Oh, okay, well, you can have my t-shirt and maybe I'll find some pants or something in the car." He says.

"Okay." I muster. He hands me the t-shirt before closing the door behind him as he enters the snowy wind outside. I quickly get into the shirt before Jace comes back. He jumps up and down a few times, getting the snow off his shoes.

"Here." He says, handing me gray sweatpants with white laces hanging down the front.

"There's are nice." I smile and he nods before turning around.

"Yeah, I use them while I exercise, but they're clean, I forgot they were in the car." He says and I nod even though he can't see me. I stand up hesitantly and slip into the gray pants. I feel like Jace as I stand there wearing his gray pants and a black t-shirt that reminds me of Miles. My stomach churns and Jace asks, "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah . . . I guess I am." I say, taking his hand and letting him turn around.

"Wow, You look good in these." He smiles and I nod.

"Thank you," I say, the clothes smell just like him, and for some reason, even with the hurt, I'm wishing that these were Miles's clothes, with that lingering comforting cologne of his.

"Madison . . . is something wrong?" Jace asks as we walk towards his car.

"No." I lie, I still don't know what to tell myself, let alone Jace or anyone else.

"I just went to a party and I got a little drunk." I lie again. Jace looks at me with disappointing eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say and he rests his hand on mine.

"it's okay, thank you for telling me, but, Madison, I don't want you to change." He amits and I nod.

"I haven't." I haven't entirely changed, have I?

"I'm still your Maddie." I smile and he nods.

"Don't forget who you are, you're not the girl who gets drunk at parties and dated mysterious guys who beat up best friends." He says and I can see the hurt in his eyes.

"I know." I breathe.

"It won't happen again." I smile, not sure where my mind is.