Chapter 146

The pink-lit bathroom stares at me as soon as I open the door. I look at myself in the pink mirror which makes it difficult to see my run-down mascara, but it's there and it's clear to me, even in the pink madness that is this bathroom. I hear the toilet flush and I flinch, hoping no one is in here with me but I'm wrong and a woman with long hair steps out, her long blue nails are intimidating but her smile lets me know she's not here to scare me.

"You okay, girl?" She asks and I try to sniffle as quietly as I can.

"Yeah," I say, trying to keep the hut inside me even though it wants nothing more than to spill out.

"You don't look okay, if I didn't know better, I'd be guessing you're having boy problems?" She says with a smile and I can't help but let me a small chuckle escape.

"What is he doing wrong? Messing with one of the girls here behind your back?" She raises a brow and pushes her long blonde hair behind her ear.

"Something like that." I sniffle.

"Well then it's easy, you've got to dump the guy." She says and I give her a smile, I don't know how to reply, there are countless thoughts racing through my whole body, and yet there's not even a single reply I can form.

"Anyway, I have a show to catch." She says and my eyes go wide as soon as she takes her top off to reveal nothing but her skin. 

I quickly turn around, hoping I won't see anything else but I'm already so scared, not only does Miles enjoy all of this but I've now had to witness exactly just what he does like and it's not just me, it's someone else, it's everyone else. 

I stare at the pink wall in front of me until I hear the door close and with a big gulp I turn to look into the mirror, my eyes look tired and I can't help the tears slipping out of them. 

I hear a song in the background starting, the one playing now is much slower and I can only imagine what Miles watching—what he used to watch and love so much that he had a relationship with one of the dancers.

Miles's POV

Fuck this. I turn around and start to walk toward the bathroom only to bump into Madison.

"Madison." I breathe but she won't look up at me, instead, she's looking down at her feet. I run my fingers through my dark hair, trying not to pull out every fucking strand.

"Madison," I say louder, this time getting a little annoyed that she won't answer me. 

The last thing I want to be here is for a second more, I want to get out of this fucking dump, I want to get out of my damned past. Madison wasn't supposed to be able to climb so easily into my past—the life that haunts me, it was all supposed to be erased but yet, so innocently, we stumbled upon this fucking piece of me that I couldn't regret more—that I couldn't hate more.

 Her beautiful eyes look up at me, they look almost light-brown and I can't stand the way they're looking into mine. They're hurt—broken even and they make me want to rip my heart out.

"I need to talk to you," I say but her expression stays the same—hurt.

"I don't think you do." She says. The music around us starts to pour in loudly and I want to fucking escape this shit already.

"Can we please leave?" I ask and he shakes her head, "Why? I thought you enjoyed this place, Lacey is here." She murmurs and my eyes go wide.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Lacey is here? She's a fucking whore."

"A whore you liked enough to have sex with," Madison says and my jaw drops to the fucking floor.

"Hey, you, girly, we need a girl to be the dancer at the bar, you in sweetheart?" Some random fucking loser asks Madison and she looks at me—into my horror enlaced eyes and nods.

"No," Madison says and I gulp down the fucking horror swaying around my body.

"Too bad." The man says and turns around. Madison looks me in the eyes and says, "I'm not like the girls you're into, I'm nothing like the girls you like." She says softly but I can still sense the hurt in her voice.

"Yes, you are, Madison. You're the only girl I like, you're the only type of girl I like." I tell her but she looks at Lacey whose standing a few feet away from us, not having a single clue about the argument going on—the argument that is so important. 

Even though Madison isn't saying anything, I know exactly what she means when she looks up at Lacey. Her eyes lazily rest on the floor beneath her feet again, and I know she's hurt beyond words.

"I'll explain everything I promise. It's not what you think, Madison, this was all in the past, I'm not fucking like this anymore." I yell out but no one can hear me over the banging music, no one but the girl I love most and even she doesn't seem phased by the words that are so hard to scream out.

"It doesn't matter." She says and with that, she walks right past me and out of the door, into the rainy and stormy weather that I wish had never happened.

"It does fucking matter, you're the only one I fucking want, how do you not get that?" I practically scream.

"I need you and I only need you!"

"No you don't, Miles. You needed all of those girls before me and you thought Chrissy was the one to save you. What If I'm just like Chrissy? What if you truly don't need me, you just think you do." She says before continuing, "I'll never know for sure. I'll never know if you would have wanted me without all of this, without your past, without Chrissy, and without the games. You're only attracted to things and people that make you feel better, and now, It's my turn to make you feel better. None of this is real, you don't need me, just like you didn't need Lacey or Chrissy." She explains and I clench my jaw and ball my fists.

"Fine." I clench my jaw even harder and I swear my teeth are grinding together into full-blown chaos.

"Maybe you're right, and maybe this time, for real, it's over." I breathe out.

"Maybe." She replies with the hurt lingering in her eyes.

"Then I guess this is goodbye." I look up at her to meet those eyes.

"Bye." She says and I can tell she's on the verge of crying. I clench my jaw and put the car keys in her hands, closing her fingers on them.

"Where are you going to go?" She asks softly, her voice a whisper.

"Crystal's," I say and she doesn't even look at me, instead, her hurt eyes look at her feet again, and this time I know for sure that my past has taken over my future.