Chapter 26

I stare at Vallyk shock at what just happen.

Y: did you just kiss me...

V: yea.. I was being overprotective because I like you and I don't want anyone else to be with you.

Y: I have to go.

I can't believe what just happened!! So now he has feelings for me?? All the feelings about but that I've pushed down come flowing out. What am I going to do about Kenny?

I decide not to go back to Kenny and head to class because I don't want to worry about that right now.

When Vallyk walks into class Im stunned, I totally forgot he was in my first period class! He makes very strong eye contact with me the whole way to his seat, I look down to escape it. The butterflies are starting to come back. Im still in shock that he likes me, what made him suddenly have feelings for me?

When Its time to leave for second period I jump out of my seat and walk to my next class without Kenny. I dont want to have to tell him that I kissed Vallyk.

*Time skip*

I see Vallyk in the middle of the hallway before lunch, I gather enough strength to talk to him. I walk up to him and close his locker so his full attention is on me.

Y: We need to talk.

V: I'd love that.

We sit together at lunch for the first time in forever. Not exactly in the circumstances I thought we would be together again.

Y: So I have some questions...

V: ok.

Y: When did you realize you have feelings for me...

V: Well... I always have.

Y: what but you dated Devyn-

He start to chuckle.

Y: Whats funny

V: I could tell you were into Derek, you were always nervous around him, the way you looked at him. And I saw that he was interested in you. It hurt, but I figured you two getting together would be inevitable. So I went to Devyn because I was being stupid and manipulative, but then I started to realize that I had feelings fo her too. So I decided to get back with her and bury my feelings about you.

Y:...

V: Yea I know its alot. But Ive cared about you this whole time and I dont think you should be with Kenny and its not because I have feelings for you-

Y: Will you please stop saying that. Its too much to fathom right now. But please,continue..

V: I dont think you should get into a new relationship so quick, especially after what happened with Derek.

Y: you know?

V: Ive been talking to Mike and Kobe recently, they filled me in on everything.

Y: Wait- you said before you wanted to be with me? Arent you with Devyn?

V: I mean I like her but shes nothing compared to you.

Im overwhelmed in so many feelings I cant even answer.

V: Look, I know this is a lot to take in. And Im not forcing you to do anything but can we please just hang out like old times. I miss being friends

Y: I do too.

He hugs me and I get butterflies so I pull back. He looks confused by my actions. Thankfully, the bell rings indicating lunch is over. I quickly get up, deserting Vallyk at the table.