Chapter 10

Yesterday with Derek was really nice. But I keep thinking about what Kiki was saying yesterday. She's wrong... right? No I love Derek I would never do that to him.

I get up and go downstairs and see Kiki. We just stare at each other cuz it's kind of awkward after the argument we had the night before.

K: hey..

Y: hey...

K: How'd you sleep?

Y: good ig

K: so tell me a little bit more about last night

Y: um we watched a movie and talked, that was pretty much it.

K: anything else I should know about...

What is she talking about... like a kiss?

Y: nope

K: Well listen, what I said before-

Y: ugh Aunt Kiki this again? I roll my eyes

K: look I'm just trying to-

Y: you know what I'm not talkin about this anymore. I gtg

I rush out of the kitchen and out the house before she can say anything. Why does she keep bringing that up. Does she really think I'm that type of person?

I don't even know where I'm going but all I know is I wanna be anywhere but with aunt Kiki rn. I hop in my car and drive around a bit. Then a great idea pops into my head. I should go to the spot! I just want to be alone right now so that's a great place to go.

                                        ~ ~ ~
Once I get there I have to walk a little bit to get to the creek. As I get closer to the creek I hear sounds. My footsteps grow quieter and slower as I get closer. I slowly peek behind a tree and see Vallyk and Devyn kissing. My heart sinks. I thought I had moved on but I guess not. I try to walk away without being noticed. A loud crack sounds beneath me- shit I stepped on a stick.

V: Who's there !

Without thinking I built away from the creek and through the woods to get to my car. I hear Vallyk shout something to Devyn. As I run further into the woods I hear footsteps speeding behind me and getting closer.

V: Y/n? Is that you?

I'm so embarrassed I can't even answer

V: what are you doing here?

Y: u-um...

Really!?? That's all I could say

V: hey... you good.

I can't bring myself to answer and feel tears rising to the surface so I just start running again.

V: hey what are you doing!

It doesn't take long for him to catch up and he grabs my arm.

V: why are you running away from me?

I feel a lump in my throat and tears I've been trying to hold back about to burst. I don't want him to see my cry. I have to get out of here!

Y: Fuck off Vallyk! I rip my arm out of his grip

I said this without facing him so he wouldn't see my face. I don't hear footsteps behind me so that means it works. I quickly get into my car and head home.

As soon as I get home I sprint out of the car and upstairs into my room. I jump into my bed finally releasing all the tears I was holding back. I bury my head into my pillow letting everything out. I sob there for I don't know how long. I was too busy crying I didn't even realize how Vallyk felt. I was in such a hurry to get out of there I was rude to him. I shouldn't have done that to him.

~ ~ ~
I'm really starting to realize how much I miss Vallyk and that I'm not over him. But I really do love Derek. But the real question is am I in love with him...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Comment any ideas if you have any cuz I rlly want y'all to enjoy this story. Ok but y'all peep that deep ass quote at the end 👀💀 Also I remember in the beginning of the story I wrote that they met eachother through social media yea just scratch that. I don't feel like re-writing the beginning so just pretend that they moved to the same school and that's how they met