Chapter 33

* Day of the dance*
It's the day of the winter formal dance. I went dress shopping with Kiki and Kenny yesterday. It's official. At first, I wanted to believe that it was all just a dream and I would wake up with Vallyk by my side. But if course that didn't happen.

I get out of bed and hop into the shower. I try to relax myself and remind myself things could be a lot worse as the warm water runs down my body and into my hair. But It couldn't get any worse. I love Vallyk and I want to be with him, but I just can't hurt Kenny like that.

Half an hour later I walk downstairs and meet Kiki in the kitchen.

K: Hey, you excited for the dance?

Y: I guess.. just wish I was going with someone different...

K: I know.. so when are you gonna tell him?

Y: I dont know. But not anytime soon.

She nods. I can tell she doesn't agree with me but she wants to support me.

Y: Well I should head out, it's getting late.

K: bye, have a great day.

I give Kiki a kiss on the check and the head out to my car.

I start my engine and blast some music. I usually listen to music when I'm down in the dumps.

I blast my music all the way to the to school, and even when I get to school I keep the music on as I compose myself.

I inhale deeply and exhale, then get out of my car. I'm a little bit late from staying in my car so I quickly go to my locker to get my stuff.

I walk into my the classroom and immediately go to my teacher.

Y: Hey Mrs Jenkins, is it ok if I switch seats?

It's too hard for me to sit next to him every day.

J: sure Why don't you sit next to Emily in the back?

She says this a little loud so everyone looks at me. Including Vallyk. I look down once we make eye contact and walk to my new seat in the back.

My new seat partner waves at me. Emily, this would be a good opportunity to make a new friend because I obviously won't be talking to Vallyk again. I can't even believe how he's feeling right now.

***

I walk into second period and immediately make eye contact with Kenny.

K: Hey, I'm excited for the dance today!

Y: Yea me too.

The rest of the class we talk a little bit, I just try to act normal and get Vallyk out of my mind.

***

The bell rings, Kenny leans into to give me a hug and I hug him back.

K: see you at lunch?

I nod

Y: yep.

***
Lunchtime finally comes around. Even though I'm dreading sitting with Kenny, I get a break from class.