Chapter 37

I stare at him for a couple more seconds before fleeing.

Y: Excuse me...

I brush past him in an instant, speeding back to Ahiella's room

The rest of the time I spend there me and Ahiella talk some more and watch a couple movies before Kiki needs me back home. Only thing on my mind is trying to get out of the house without running into Derek again.

***

Its been a couple weeks and everything is going great. Me and Vallyk are now officially boyfriend and girlfriend, I mean everyone at school thought that we had dating the whole time so différence really. Ahiella and I have been seeing eachother, we meet up at least once a week. Ive succesfully avoided Derek to this day.

Today is Saturday and Im supposed to be meeting up with Ahiella. In the middle of our town we have a little market area that we call market street. It has a bunch of restaurants and cafés, ice cream shops, banks, and the public library.

I strip down my clothes and jump into the shower. I do the rest of my routine and get dressed into some baggy rips jeans, a tank top, and an opened up flannel shirt over it.

I get downstairs to find Kiki sitting on the kitchen, shilling at her phone.

Y: Texting Emanuel?

K: How'd you know?

Y: you look like a teenage girl shilling at your phone like that.

She rolls her eyes

K: You still meeting up with Ahiella at market?

Y: Yea. Im actually about to head out.

K: See you later.

I wave at Kiki before getting out of the house, shutting the door behind me. As soon as I get into my car and my phone starts ringing. I check the caller ID, Its Vallyk. I pick it up.

"Hey Vallyk, Whats up?"

"Can you come over?"

"I cant, Im about to leave to meet up with Ahiella."

"It seems that you like Ahiella more than me."

"Well you know what they say, gals before- well I dont know but you get what I mean.

Vallyk laughs on the other side of the phone.

"Good one. Will you at least come over when you get back."

"Promise. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hand up the phone and drive off.

***

I arrive at Market street and park in one of the many parking spots. From what I remember Ahiella agreed to meet at the cafe.

I do as we discussed and find a table to sit at the café.

A few minutes later Ahiella joins some at the table. Not so psyched by who is she's accompanied with.

A: hey y/n! I hope you don't mind Derek being here, my dad wouldn't let me leave by myself. I'm gonna go use the bathroom be right back.

Both of us, Derek, follow Ahiella as she walks into the shop.

Derek turns to me and sits in the chair across from me.

D: ok y/n, I've given you space and you've avoided me long enough. What do I have to do to get you to at-least speak to me.

I look dead in the eyes. With a cold tone in my voice I say

Y: you cheated on me Derek. What makes you think that I ever want to speak to you. I'm here for Ahiella so I'm not gonna cause a scene but you need to leave now.

D: I'm sorry for what I did ok, I didn't mean for it to happen.

Y: oh so you accidentally slid into here. In that case everything is fine! Forgive and forget

He looks down at me, I can tell he's filled with guilt.

Y: you must think this is a joke.

D: fine all I leave. But I still care about you.

I look away, not answering. After a couple seconds he nods and walks to his car, pulling away.

Was I too rough on him?

A few minutes moments later Ahiella steps out of the cafe and sits down in the chair across from me, where Derek had been sitting minutes ago.

A: oh, Derek already left?

Y: oh yea..

She stares at me in silence for a couple seconds before speaking.

A: Is something going on?

Y: What do you mean?

A: Ever since that first dinner you just act super tense when it comes to Derek, why is that?

I didn't want to tell her at first, but she's basically my only friend and these are the type of things I need to talk about with friends, I think, I haven't really had that many.

Y:Ok, you caught me. But you have to promise not to tell anyone.

A: secret's safe with me.

Y: so me and Derek dated, Not for long.

A: What?? When?

Y: Two months ago. I wonder why he never told me about you or your father, or your huge house.

A: embarrassed, embarrassed, and he doesn't really like to show off. Probably thought you'd want him for the money. Also our parents are divorced we have two houses here. I'm never really at my moms house, we don't get along.

That's probably the house I found him... well, you know.

A: wait, you said two months ago?

Y: Yea, why?

A: Well.. he was dating some girl named Cassie two months ago.

Y: What?!

That slimy piece of sh-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See you next chapter 😉 here is for not doing a good job of updating this week.