Chapter 49

I love Vallyk, but I have to let it go. After all that I've done to him I dont deserve him.

I snap out my thoughts recalling that Kenny is beside me. "Thank you Kenny, that really helped," I say while nodding " Your really good at this pep-talk stuff."

We both laugh and go to our assigned seats because class will be starting soon.

~~~

The bell to lunch time finally rings at the end of fourth period. I push through the mob of students running to the cafeteria building.

I walk to my locker and put in the combination. I put all my stuff in my locker when I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Kenny. My lips spread into a smile.

"Hey," I say, "you waited."

"Yea I did, " He shrugs, "I figured I should join you, especially with Devyn and Vallyk."

I put my hand to my chest, playfully " I love you."

We both laugh and Kenny swings his arm over my shoulder as we start walking to the cafeteria.

A few minutes later we get to the lunchroom and the room is erupting with racket.

I look around the cafeteria and stop when I spot Vallyk and Devyn sitting at a table together. And Devyn sitting on his lap. Bitch.

I guess Kenny could see me getting mad so he tries to calm me down, " Just put on a fake smile, and make small talk. Be nice!," he whispers.

I straighten myself up and put on my best fake smile before walking up to their table.

" Oh hey y/n, didn't see you there." Devyn says, " Must suck to be the third wheel."

I've never wanted to pound her face in so bad, but I already have so I'll cut the hoe some slack.

"Well I'm glad that you thought of me, but I'm not third wheeling , I brought Kenny." My heart beams when she rolls her eyes.

Vallyk finally speaks, "Oh.. hey Kenny."

"sup."

I guess Vallyk and Kenny never talked after...what happened. We sit in awkward silence for a couple minutes.

" Soo, what did you guys do in class today," I say, trying to break the silence between us.

"boring! Hey babe, why don't we go eat out, like by ourselves." Devyn says while caressing Vallyks arm. This bitch is asking for me to beat her ass again.

" Well, I kind of wanted to sit with y/n today.."

" Oh come on baby, for mee."

"We can do it another time babe."

Devyn scoffs. I smile seeing that Vallyk doesn't let her push him around like he sued to.

"I'll just go on my own then."

she gets of Vallyks lap, and angrily walks away which brings me joy.

He sighs

" She hasn't  changed much has she, makes me wonder why you got back with her," I challenge.

" Now is not the time y/n."

The serious look on his face makes my smile disappear.

" Fine then. I'm gonna go the bathroom, why don't you two catch up."

"Wait w-wha," Kenny pleads.

I smile at him and walk outside of the cafeteria building and to the bathroom.