Chapter 38

Y: What?!

A: Yea, I was surprised too.

Y: so your telling me he was dating me and another girl at the same time.

A: I guess.

We change the subject by ordering some drinks and pastries. Soon after, we leave the cafe and go to some small shops around the area. I had fun but all I could think about was what Derek did. There's a lot I didn't know about him. As much as I don't want to, I have to speak to him.

***

I step through the front door of the house and run up to the house.

I pull my phone out from my pocket, and dial the numbers to Dereks contact. He picks up.

"We need to talk, meet me at the park by the school."

I hang up without another word.

I get to the park, I pause when I see Derek sitting on one of the swings. Slowly and ructantly, I walk to join him. He stands up once he sees me coming.

I don't know why but I had so many feelings rushing through me, before I know it I lift my hand to clock him in the cheek. He grunts in pain.

D: what was that for!?

Y: I know about Cassie you player!

D: what I thought you already know.

Y: I mean, I know you were dating while you were dating me.

D: What how?

My body acts on its own and I slap him again.

I looks at me with his hand on his cheek.

D: I deserve that..

Y: And a lot more. So cheating is just a second nature. Does Cassie know?

D: Well yea, she was fine with an open relationship. You were hot and I really liked you, didn't want to give that up.

If it were up to me I'd hit him again but he's had enough.

Y: your sick. You know I thought one day I could put things in the past since you and Vallyk are cool and all. But now I know who you are, who you really are, that's never gonna happen. And I want nothing to do with you. And to think I chose You over Vallyk.

Dereks POV
Y/n emphasizes the word 'you' which hits me in the heart like daggers. I'm such an idiot! I ruined my only chance of making things right with y/n. My heart sinks as she walks away in anger, leaving me alone at the park. I really messed up. But I'm yet to give, and I'm gonna get her back, no matter what it takes.
End of POV

I storm out of the park and into my car, not looking back at Derek once. I can't believe he would do that. He's such a jerk, and he was saying all of that stuff without a hint of recognition. I'm never speaking to him again. It's gonna be so much harder seeing Ahiella from now own.

My emotions are all over the place and I need to calm down. I know exactly where to go.

I climb up the ladder to Vallyk's window. He's sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

I knock, he jumps a little from the noise. My frustration quickly vanished.

I smile as he opens the window, inviting me into the room.

V: Hey, how was it with Ahiella?

Y: I had fun.

He looks at me with a curious expression on his face.

V: ok what's going on?

Y: It's just Derek, I found out that he was dating Cassie when he dated me. I'm sorry, I know you guys are friends but he's such a jerk.

V: Derek? We're not really friends. Especially after he knew I liked you and still dated you. I only hang out with him because of Mike and Kobe.

Y: oh, well that gives me more of a reason for hating me.

Vallyk chuckles, then holds his arms out inviting me on to his bed.

I crawl on to the bed and into his arms. As I rest my head on his chest all my thoughts about Derek slip away like a loose leaf in the wind, as I slowly drift off to sleep.

***

I open my eyes it's gotten a bit darker outside. Vallyk's not in the bed anymore and his door is open a little.

I get up groggily and rub my eyes. As lift my hand to grab the knob, the door moves from the other side, revealing Vallyk.

V: oh hey, I was just getting some snacks from when you wake up. I was wondering if we could watch some Netflix.

I smile from his remark, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy.

Y: I'd love that.

We get into the bed, Vallyk pulls me closer to him. We cuddle and watch a movie, with Derek far from my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter's kinda short but enjoy ☺️
Ps sorry y'all I've been doing such a bad job of updating 🙈😪