Chapters 44

I open my eyes and for a split second I feel calm, not thinking about everything that happened the day before. The small glimmer of the sun beaming into my room through a small crack of my curtains and birds singing. But of course I snap back into reality. Now I have to face school which probably think I'm a horrible person from the picture of me and Derek.

I force myself out of bed still feeling groggy from sleep. I start to feel more energized and awakened as the warm water runs down my body.

I do the rest of my routine and dress into some baggy jeans and a shirt. I walk down the stairs, the usual smell of Kiki's cooking fills the air.

Kiki smiles when she sees me walk into the kitchen

K: Hey. I was worried about you yesterday, you doing better?

I sit down at the dining table.

Y: I don't know. I hope so.

She sets a plate in front of me and takes the seat beside me.

K: Well I hope it's a yes. Eat up, you have to leave in a few minutes. Also tell Vallyk I said hi, I haven't seen him in a couple days.

Shit! I was doing so good. I bite my lip fighting my tears back.

Y: Y-yea.. I will

I stick my fork into my scrambled eggs, trying to hide the expression on my face.

K: You ok?

Y: Yea I'm ok, I just remembered I have a project to work on so I have to get to school early. I fork the rest of my breakfast down quickly and make a quick wave to Kiki before shutting the door behind me.

I get into my car and pull away to head to school. This is the first time I have gone to school without Vallyk. I shake the thought from my mind and focus on the road ahead of me.

About 15 minutes later, I arrive at school. I swing my backpack over my shoulder. I let out a long sigh before slowly walking towards the school.

As soon as I step foot into the school I'm met with glares from all over the halls. I look down at my feet, feeling all the cold stares on me. I even hear someone whisper and my name, probably along with many hateful words.

I hear someone blurt out the word "slut" to me. I look around me and everyone is laughing. Everything around me starts to blur and my heart rate quickens. I turn and run to the nearest bathroom. I burst in to the one of the stalls and sit on top of the toilet seat trying to catch my breath and hide my sobs at the time.

I bury my face into the palms of my hands, never wanting to leave this stall. The bell rings, means I have to get to class. Shit.

I try to wipe my tears as fast as I can. I straighten my clothes then walk to the sink to rinse my face. I check the mirror to make sure I look normal before heading to my first period.

--

I walk into my first period with my head down and my binders held tightly to my chest. I can feel eyes on me following me all the way to my seat. My guess is confirmed when I look up to many dirty looks toward me. I put my head back down, wanting nothing more than to run out of this room.

The whole rest of the class is a blur. All I could think of is what people thought of me and that picture.

The rest of my classes feel like an eternity long, the sound of the teacher and whispering students distorted and warped in my head. When the bell rings for lunch I'm the first one out of the class, I couldn't take being in that classroom anymore.

I walk to the cafeteria by myself watching as most of the students walk in groups, talking, and laughing among one another.

The whole lunchroom is filled with roaring teenagers who all probably know of the picture, there is no way I can eat in there. I'm not hungry anyway, how could I eat with all that's going on.